Sakura Exchange (RSK Co. Ltd) operates a chain of currency exchange shops with 15 locations across Japan, with more opening soon. Our pride and joy is our diverse foreign staff, who come from all over the world and act as ambassadors to our clients, speaking their language and making them feel at ease when they arrive in this country. We strive to make a good first impression, offer advice on where to eat and shop, as well as simply provide excellent customer service—the kind that Japan is known for.
We have been expanding a lot lately, so we are seeking part-time Currency Exchange personnel to work with us at our Dotonbori, Osaka location! Whether you’re here as a language student, on a Working Holiday, or maybe you just don’t want to work as an English Teacher anymore, we would love for you to join our team. This job is a great fit for people who are still studying Japanese, since you will be primarily using English. You don’t need extensive knowledge of the financial market, as rates will be communicated to you daily by our operations team in the morning.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
● Ensure currency exchange rates are being updated in our system accurately
● Greet customers as they arrive in our store
● Convert foreign currency to Japanese Yen, and vice-versa, using our Point-of-Sale system
● Run currency through our anti-counterfeiting machine
● Keep track of foreign currency stock amounts
● Conduct currency counts using our Bill Counting and Coin Sorting machines
● Run transaction reports
● Act as ambassadors to our clients—chat with them, offer advice, make them feel at home
● Business-level English
● Conversational Japanese
● Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills in English
● Have a professional demeanor
● Be computer-literate
● Be a self-starter and able to work with minimal supervision
● Be very detail-oriented; spot mistakes and oversights before they become critical
● Able to follow established procedures
● Able to handle money accurately
● Must have a valid work visa (Students / Working Holiday OK)
o We do not offer Visa Sponsorship
Preference given to people with experience with:
● Customer Service
● Tourism / Hospitality
All staff members take turns working shifts depending on their availability.
Your transportation cost to and from work is paid for by the company (up to ¥20,000/month).
● Located along the Dotonbori river, just 5 minutes walk from Namba station.
● Business Hours: 11:00 – 23:00
Salary & Working Conditions:
● Starting pay is ¥1,100/hour (plus Transportation Costs to and from work, up to ¥20,000)
● Shifts are flexible, and vary depending on the location. If you go to school in the morning, or have another part-time job, we can accommodate that.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.