Job Title: Whole School Nurse (pre-school-Grade 12)
NIS seeks a caring, compassionate, experienced and confident nurse for our school. As the sole nurse you will be responsible for running the health office smoothly & efficiently and with the highest standards of care. While predominantly responsible for student welfare and health, you will also have a role in supporting staff health, for example by arranging for the annual medical screenings and helping staff connect with the industrial doctor and healthcare providers as necessary.
NIS is an inclusive school serving a varied array of learners coming from nearly 40 different countries. The position will suit those who thrive in diverse multi-cultural contexts and in professional, highly collaborative cultures.
NIS seeks inclusivity in all its forms – not only pro-active inclusivity in terms of academic level, nationality, race or language, but also inclusivity of thought and of identity. NIS is an LQBTQ+-affirmative environment and committed to an anti-racist culture. The school nurse will play a leading role in promoting this identity as an inclusive learning community where the health, safety and well-being of all is of great importance to us.
This is a 236-day annual contract with flexible hours. During the school year, work days may involve evenings and/or weekends when there are significant sporting or community events which require the presence of a nurse. However, this will be balanced by a significant number of days off work when students/teachers are not on campus.
Applicants should consider applying based on the below requirements:
• A valid nurse’s certification/qualification
• Native-level Japanese ability
• Business level English ability - sufficient to discuss health matters with students, staff and parents, and sufficient to write medical notes and communications in English, the ability to present in English to staff on matters of health and safety, the ability to support translation from Japanese to English and vice-versa during health-related conversations between students/parents and non-Japanese-speaking teachers or administrators.
• A commitment to collaborating with colleagues in a non-judgmental, team-around-the-child approach to student learning and well-being
• 2+ years’ experience working as a nurse in a school setting
• Specialisations in pediatric nursing and/or other experience of working with children and their parents in a nursing capacity
• Experience working as a nurse in an organizational setting (e.g. for a company) as opposed to a clinical setting (i.e. hospital, doctors’ office)
• Experience in computerised record keeping and/or the Google suite of applications
Salary and Benefits
Competitive and commensurate with the qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Will be paid according to the C Scale (manager level) of the NIS Support Staff Scale
Social insurance (Shigaku-kyosai and Koyou-hoken),
Distance hire benefits (paid housing for up to 5 years and relocation support) are available for candidates relocating from outside of the local area to take up the position.
Commutation allowance (if applicable)
NIS offers free tuition for dependent children (taxable) for all standard employees, inclusive of this position.
In addition to annual paid leave NIS support staff have 12 additional days sick leave annually as well as leave for specific purposes such as bereavement
Please do not apply unless you meet the ‘essential’ requirements above and have read in full the details about working at NIS on our website - https://www.nis.ac.jp/working-at-nis. To apply please send a letter of application and your resume, in English and Japanese, to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. The position is intended to start from August 1, 2022 although there may be some flexibility in start date for the right candidate.
We hope to hear from you – and thank you for your interest in NIS.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.