Do you want to be part of a leading international technical service provider to the global #Gaming Industry with studios in Asia, Europe, North and South America?
We are currently in the process of expanding our pool of Japanese to English #Translators and are looking for professional, experienced candidates to become members of our growing global team.
Translators will be responsible for working closely with Project Managers in delivering high quality translations to Keywords’ clients.
• Translate content from Japanese into English with high quality standards.
• Review translations in English to ensure consistency and quality.
• Provide detailed language quality reports on the texts reviewed.
• Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminology and develop documentation and style guidelines for your language.
• Provide feedback and collaborate effectively with vendors (freelance translators, recording studios, etc.).
• Set the creative vision for the target language.
• Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects.
• Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals.
• Perform Quality Assurance tasks.
• Be responsible for all linguistic aspects of the translations you are assigned to ensure the best possible quality products are delivered to Keywords customers.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Japanese to English freelance or in-house translator, preferably in the gaming industry.
• Passion for the video game industry, with solid experience in playing games.
• Familiar with Japanese classic literature and classical Japanese is an advantage.
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working with people from different cultures.
• Working knowledge of CAT tools.
• Educational qualification in translation or linguistics is an advantage.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese.
• Self-motivation and ability to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
• This is a 1-year contract (renewable) position.
• This is an in-house position located in Keywords Studios Tokyo.
• Nearest Station: Daitabashi (Keio line)
**We are also looking for JP>EN translator based in Dublin. Please apply if you are interested**
• Health insurance, welfare pension insurance, occupational accident insurance etc.
• Commuting costs are covered up 30,000 JPY per month
• Full weekly two-day system (Saturday and Sunday)
• Public holiday
• Annual paid leave
• Special leave
• Congratulations and condolences holiday etc.
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and linguistics test.
© 2024 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.