We are recruiting translators who are passionate about video games for our Game Localization team!
Responsibilities include translation of the latest games from Japanese to English, as well as reviewing translations, in search of linguistic and technical issues. Our client base range from AAA gaming companies as well as indie developers.
- Native level of English
- Strong creative writing skills in the native language
- Japanese comprehension above N2 level
- Experience and familiarity with video games
- Basic PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Residing in Tokyo and its vicinity (Kanto Area)
- Extensive experience playing videogames, manga and Japanese media
- Valid work visa
- Interest in Japanese culture
- Ability to communicate through Japanese business emails.
- Translation tools experience, such as Trados, MemoQ, WordFast, etc
- At least 1 year translation experience in the entertainment industry (Japanese→English)
- Experience dealing with Clients in Japanese (BtoB)
- Writing and reading skills of Japanese (equivalent to JLPT N1)
[Working Hours/Work Place]
- Standard working hours (10 AM to 7 PM).
*Renewable, Full-time advancement depending on performance.
- TBD. Based on experience and ability.
- Transportation expenses provided separately.
- Social Insurance, paid holidays.
Translation Test ⇒ 1st. interview ⇒ 2nd interview Offer
* Check your spam folder if you haven't received a response to your application or your test.
* If possible, please provide an alternate email address with a different domain to ensure our emails reach you.
Looking forward to your application.
Last modified on March 17, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.