We are seeking two experienced and skilled individuals to join our team as Mt. Fuji Climbing Guides (July/Aug). As a guide, you will be responsible for leading groups of climbers on their 2-Day ascent to the summit of Mt. Fuji, providing instruction and guidance to ensure their safety and success. The position requires a high level of technical proficiency, physical fitness, and excellent communication and leadership skills.
• Lead groups of climbers on their ascent to the summit of Mt. Fuji, providing instruction and guidance on proper climbing techniques, navigation, and safety protocols.
• Assess the fitness levels and experience of climbers to determine appropriate routes and pace.
• Ensure that climbers are properly equipped with appropriate gear.
• Monitor weather conditions and adjust climbing plans accordingly to ensure the safety of climbers.
• Provide first aid and emergency response services as needed.
• Communicate effectively with clients and team members, including providing regular updates on progress, providing clear instructions, and listening carefully to feedback and concerns.
• Foster a positive and supportive team environment, promoting a culture of safety, respect, and personal growth.
• Participate in (May & June) training (and development programs to maintain and improve technical and leadership skills.
• Experience in climbing and mountaineering, including significant experience on Mt. Fuji.
• Excellent physical fitness, including the ability to carry heavy loads and endure long hours of physical activity.
• Strong communication and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate clients and team members.
• Cultural sensitivity and awareness, with the ability to adapt to different cultural norms and practices.
• Excellent technical proficiency in a range of outdoor activities, including rock climbing, ice climbing, and mountaineering.
• Certification as a mountain guide, such as the Japan Mountain Guide Association or the International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations (IFMGA). a plus but not necessary.
• Having a Japanese driver's license and a car is a bonus, but it is not necessary.
• First aid and emergency response training and certification a plus but not necessary.
• The position involves working outdoors in a range of weather conditions, including extreme heat and cold.
• Work hours can be long and irregular, with overnight stays at mountain huts required during multi-day climbs.
• The work is physically demanding and requires significant endurance and strength.
• The position involves working with clients from diverse backgrounds and cultures, requiring sensitivity and adaptability.
Summer Guide Pay: Calculated on a daily basis, (¥20,000 JPY / 1 Day) and (¥40,000 JPY /2Day) Plus tips. All mountain hut accommodation, and meals at the mountain hut also included.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter highlighting your relevant experience and qualifications.
Last modified on March 20, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.