SmartEd is a distributor for educational materials primarily for international and bilingual schools in Japan and Asia. We are looking for a full time customer service and inside sales representative who will be comfortable dealing with inquiries from teachers and administrators at international schools.
Job responsibilities would include:
- corresponding with teachers and administrators at international and bilingual schools regarding orders for educational materials such as textbooks, online curriculum, library books, etc.
- create quotations for customers.
- advising customer of materials that may fit the needs of their curriculum.
- doing research online for information regarding educational materials and conveying that to customers.
- keep track of orders in our ordering system. Inform customers of the status of their orders by email or phone.
- correspond with overseas vendors.
- assist schools with online resources. Could include providing basic instructions on how to use online materials.
Skills that we look for in a candidate:
- We primarily deal with international and bilingual schools, thus experience working in this type of institute is preferred.
- Familiarity with various school curricula and materials used in international/bilingual schools will be helpful. Eg. US Common Core, UK national curriculum, IB/MYP/PYP, IPC, etc.
- Must be comfortable with/interested in online education tools.
- Organized; Tech savvy. Comfortable handling large sets of data in Access and Excel.
- Flexible and willing to take on various responsibilities as new projects and ventures arise.
- Comfortable working with a team of Japanese and non-Japanese staff.
Our office is located in central Kyoto and we have a small dedicated team of professionals who have built the business over the past 10 years. For someone who is looking for a customer service and inside sales role while working with a tight knit team, this position could be an exciting opportunity.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.