Luxury Handbag and Accessories Buyer
Eco Brand Japan Corp. is an International Luxury Bags & Accessories whole seller, founded in 2012, and actively engaged into the circular economy.
We specialize in sourcing pre-owned bags items from Elite Houses such as Hermès, Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Prada, Dior, Burberry, YSL, Balenciaga and many more.
Our team is very diverse, talented and we speak a collective of 9 different languages at the office.
Eco Brand Japan is currently hiring for a passionate buyer to join the Buying team in Tokyo who would report to the Head of Buying. The primary purpose of the role is to plan, source, select and buy luxury new & used collections from marketplaces which fit the targeted customer profile while also ensuring all business and financial objectives are met.
We are looking for business minded, self-motivated professionals with a passion for fashion and an eye for trends. You’ll need strong negotiation and relationship-building skills, the ability to balance product, trend and fashion with our customer’s needs in mind. Ideal for people who also love to travel as this is not your typical office job.
● Ability to organize your schedule and multi-task is very important.
● Comfortable using spreadsheets, excel (vlookup,sumproduct, index etc.)
● Fun, enthusiastic and positive minded individual
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to suggest action plans, supported by data, in a clear and concise manner driven by creative thinking
● Ability to handle critical feedback on a regular basis
● Ability to thrive in changing and fast-paced environments; proven track record of self-initiative
● You will be working in a team environment so having a strong sense of teamwork while being independent as you hone your skills.
● Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
● Eased with Negotiating, being convincing and have strong arguments.
● Should be research minded and detail oriented (add as plus)
● Knowledge of designer brands (add as plus)
● You must possess a work VISA for Japan with at least one or more years of validity
Working Holiday Visa Holders cannot apply.
Visa Renewal Sponsorship is available after 6 months of work.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
● Study and learn about the company database of products and prices
● Complete training about product compliance and norms
● Researching market trends & resale market price
● Participating and bidding in international and domestic marketplaces.
● Assisting in expanding our companies sourcing opportunities
● Authenticating Handbags, Accessories, clothing etc.
● Build Business relationships with local companies
● This position requires standing for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, reaching, lifting and sitting while reviewing items on shelves, stores etc. You need to be physically fit.
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all exhaustive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Hours of work:
The Hours are variable when traveling as work is mainly not office based. You will be expected to travel within Tokyo and outside.
It is possible to work on some weekends and in return you receive the equivalent day off during the week. We keep a strict 5 days on and 2 days off in a week at any time.
When working at the office the hours are Monday to Friday from 9:30 to 18:30.
Probation Period is 6 months.
The first 2 months will mainly be office based where you study product names and gain knowledge of the industry with some light travel around Japan.
The remaining 4 months will involve more travel around Tokyo and possibly some domestic travel outside Tokyo based on results.
**Due to the coronavirus we are not traveling internationally, however, once travel can be resumed safely it is possible to travel outside Japan on a monthly to yearly basis.
You hold a post college degree or University degree of 3 to 4 years: Bachelor to Masters
Japanese: N3 or above. Fluent or business level will be prioritized.
English: Native or Fluent
(Chinese Mandarin, Korean, French, Spanish, or German are a plus).
220,000 per month for the first year OR 230,000 per month with existing experience in the same function.
After 1 Year of work, you will have access to our commission bonus, paid monthly and based on performance results.
Fast salary review if performant.
You will be refunded your transport to events within Tokyo and the office up to 10,000yen monthly. It would be paid at the same time as the salary.
All your travel expenses (Shinkansen, Flights, Hotels & Meals) will be covered by the company when outside the Greater Tokyo Area.
The Travel is regular and frequent after probation (international and domestic) - up to 30-40%
The company is enrolled into the Shakai Hoken Social package which includes Pension for Retirement insurance, Health Insurance, Work Insurance, and Work-Related accidents insurance.
The interviews will be held in 3 stages.
2) In person
3) Skype/Zoom (final for acceptance)
Applicants living in Tokyo will be proritized. If you currently do not live in the Greater Tokyo Area, please include in your cover letter if you are planning to move to Tokyo within the next month as an in person interview is mandatory.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.