K. International School Tokyo (KIST) is seeking a School Laboratory Technician for the 2023-24 school year to support its Secondary School science program. Prior experience working with chemicals is essential.
The main duties of the position include:
- Preparing equipment, chemicals and supplies for school lab-based lessons (physics, chemistry and biology).
- Working with students to set up lab experiments.
- Assisting science teachers in supervising and conducting lab activities.
- Contributing to maintaining a safe environment for students within the science laboratories.
- Organizing the procurement, maintenance and storage of an adequate stock of materials, chemicals and lab apparatus equipment.
Applications will be accepted from persons from any national background; however, communication skills in English are required. Communicative ability in Japanese is also highly desirable.
Applicants who are non-Japanese nationals are required to hold an appropriate visa (e.g. permanent resident, spouse or child of Japanese national, long-term resident). Working holiday visas that match the employment period may also be considered. No visitor visas, please.
The initial contract period commences as soon as a suitable candidate is found and continues through June 2024. Only applicants prepared to commit to this period should apply. Contract renewal may be possible depending on appraised work performance and school needs. Working hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
In addition to the monthly salary, other benefits include:
- Reimbursement for commuter expenses up to a maximum of 25,000 per month.
- Annual paid leave (as allocated by the school during school vacation periods).
- Annual personal and sick leave.
- Special summer vacation leave of 4 weeks.
- Annual completion bonus.
- Health insurance and employment insurance available.
- Meals subsidy for lunches and dinners pre-ordered through the school cafe.
Relocation and housing allowances are not provided.
Applications should contain:
1) A cover letter in English outlining experience related to the position and explaining the specific aspects of KIST that interest you.
2) A complete work resume in English, including details of qualifications and relevant experience.
3) The names and contact details (e-mail preferred) of at least two recent professional references, including the most recent supervisor.
4) A recent photograph.
5) Details of current visa status and expiry date (for non-Japanese nationals).
Last modified on November 27, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.