Are you one of the following?
1) JET participant or English teacher who's underutilized and underpaid?
2) Japan resident with sales or customer service background with limited Japanese proficiency?
3) Super competitive and want to maximize your potential?
THEN READ ON!
About Open role:
The Recruiting Consultant (high volume, high quality sales role) will develop their own network of candidates & clients and take ownership of the entire recruiting process. This is a great opportunity to gain sales and consulting experience through hands-on training in an international, professional and team-oriented office. You will work closely with the Managing Director (American with 14 years recruiting experience in Tokyo) and senior recruiter (5 years with Career Scout Japan) on our well-established supply chain and logistics recruiting desk. Feel free to check us out on Linked In.
What you can expect at CSJ:
- a "being helpful" approach to recruiting that respects our clients and candidates
- Multiple candidate and client prospecting / sourcing telephone calls per day with high emphasis on customer service and respect to Japanese business practices
- Establishing strong relationships (face to face or video chat or on the phone) with Japanese clients and job seekers (99% of our customers are English-speaking Japanese)
- Working closely with other team members to learn the best practices, encouraged to learn / teach others
- All team members working together to set a higher standard of customer service in the recruiting industry
- A teamwork based environment where information is shared and all team members contribute to each other
- A proven, comprehensive one-to-one training program with clear career path
- Guaranteed base salary plus high bonus potential (max salary dependent upon performance & commission) on a permanent contract
What not to expect:
- Like an eikaiwa job where you receive the same pay regardless of output. We expect excellent results from our consultants and constant focus on improvement, we'll reward you handsomely.
- A job where work / life balance supersedes meeting commitments to candidates and clients. We want our consultants to take satisfaction in working hard and providing first-class customer service. Your satisfaction should come from a job well done, not from leaving the office early.
- A job where you spend all day looking at Linked In or other social media. Relationships are built through face to face or phone communication, not through tweets and hashtags.
- A locker room / boiler room or unprofessional environment. We expect our consultants to treat one another with respect and dress for success. Think "Goldman Sachs" rather than "Wolf of Wall Street."
- A 9 to 5 commitment. We expect our consultants to continue their development / growth outside of the office to be a better recruiter and better member of Japanese society. We will support excellent consultants' development endeavors as well.
1st three months (training / ramp-up period, candidate focused)
- Start learning recruiting business by attending training (daily at first, then several times a week afterwards) with Managing Director and senior recruiter (don't worry, we'll teach you everything you need to know to be successful) (10%)
- Under the guidance of the Managing Director and other senior recruiters, focus on sourcing candidates by phone in the supply chain / logistics area by proactively calling new prospects (roughly 70%)
- Meet candidates and clients alongside Managing Director and senior recruiter (10%)
- Use Linked in and other online platforms to source candidates (10%)
** You will be assigned a target for sourcing candidates. Once target is achieved, you'll move on to client / company development
4th to 6th month (both candidate and client / company development)
- Develop and maintain clients through proactive business development endeavors by phone (30%)
- Source, meet and evaluate candidates by video chat and phone (30%)
- Follow-up with candidate introductions to client companies and help facilitate interview / hiring process (30%)
- Maintain integrity of database and company information, use Linked In and other social media platforms to source candidates and clients (10%)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (you'll be calling director level executives)
- Highly competitive, must have drive and passion to succeed
- Positive attitude with strong focus on efficiency and attention to detail
- Customer service oriented mindset is a MUST
- Strong understanding of Japanese (especially reading) is a plus, but not mandatory
- Strong interest in business, preferably with Business / Economics / Accounting educational background
Examples of Successful Consultants:
- Japan Exchange and Teaching Programme (JET) participant with experience in the Japanese country side (strong understanding of Japanese, Japanese culture, eager to gain business experience)
- Sales rep from different industry willing to learn the business with strong sports background (disciplined, competitive, strong worth ethic)
- English language school teacher with an educational background in HR / Business and interest in Japanese culture (enjoys the social aspect of meeting, engaging with and helping all sorts of new and interesting people)
- Sales / Customer service oriented Japanese company salary man / woman eager to work in international environment (hard working, relationship focused)
** Any of the above sound like you? Feel free to apply! All qualified candidates will receive a reply within 48 hours from the CSJ Managing Director.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.