JIEM offers the opportunity to motivated individuals to get in on the ground floor of a new, large-scale English proficiency test.
We are currently recruiting Test Development Specialists to become the core of our expanding Test Development division.
1. Write prototype test items for item developers
2. Evaluate test items written by item developers
3. Based on that evaluation;
a) provide feedback to item developers
b) create training programs to improve the quality of item development
4. Create item development manuals
5. Control the quality of English test items
6. Edit test items written by non-native English speakers when necessary.
7. Provide guidance to test raters
1. Native English speaker, defined as someone whose primary and secondary education was conducted in English, and raised in an English-speaking country(s)
・Minimum: Bachelor of Arts Degree in English, Journalism, Linguistics, Communication, Language Testing, TESOL/Second Language Acquisition, Education, or equivalent field
・Preferred: Master’s Degree in TESOL, Second Language Acquisition, Applied Linguistics, Language Testing, or equivalent field
・Minimum: EFL/ESL teaching experience
-Experience writing English learning material or English test items
-Research experience in second language acquisition or linguistics
-Experience in or knowledge of developing English tests or analyzing test data
-Training and management experience
4. Required skill(s)
・Able to work harmoniously with a diverse range of co-workers and participate effectively in discussions that may include opposing opinions
・Critical and logical thinking
・Good at time management
・Can quickly assimilate instructions and produce output in accordance with those instructions
・Can write high-quality English texts
・Good at understanding test specifications and identifying instances where those specifications have not been satisfied
・ Good at imagining a language learner’s thought processes
・ Has an intuitive understanding of what language learners find difficult and easy
・ Has excellent written communication skills, including knowing how to adjust his/her writing to suit the context and intended reader
5. Computer skills
・ Must know how to use the computer-based technology (MS Office, Email software etc.)
・ Must have an orientation towards information security
6. Japanese language skill
Business level (At least JLPT N2)
7. Visa requirements
A candidate must currently reside in Japan
Visa sponsorship is an option for successful candidates
On-site (JIEM Office: Akasaka, Tokyo *The office will relocate to Shibuya in June, 2019)
*Occasionally work on weekends will be required. A day off in lieu will be provided.
Two days off/week (Saturdays & Sundays), public holidays, year-end and New Year holidays, paid leave
Initially full-time fixed-term contract employee with the possibility of becoming a permanent employee
* Salary will be decided to take into account past work experiences and ability
* Transportation allowance is provided (Up to ¥50,000/Month)
* Deemed overtime pay is included
As soon as possible
We are waiting for your applying!
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.