Destination Asia Japan is expanding, and we are currently seeking dynamic, ambitious, driven persons to be part of our growth. This position is based in our Ginza, Tokyo Head Office, where you will be part of a young, energetic, and international team.
Manage and deliver high quality travel experiences and reservation services across the assigned team.
Lead and be directly responsible for all aspects of the team’s performance and have day-to-day accountability for timely delivery of quality services across quotations and reservations. Responsible for driving continued improvement through training and development.
Champion a culture of open and honest communication, teamwork, customer centric mindset, and flexibility.
Execute any special projects or other duties as assigned by the Leisure Manager or Director of Leisure.
The Team Leader is expected to work closely with the managers of the Leisure, Operations, Finance and Product departments to ensure that their team follows all agreed upon processes and workflows.
• Ensure team alignment with the overall strategy, goals, and KPIs created for the Leisure Department.
• Drive innovation and creativity to explore opportunities for growth and increase market share.
• Delight our partners and clients by meeting their requirements and adhering to SLAs or other similar agreements with partners regarding quotations, reservations, and on-the-ground services.
• Manage assigned portfolio of clients and oversee negotiations for special requests with hotels/suppliers for specific clients. Identify upselling opportunities and seize every sales opportunity to drive profitability.
• Ensure service excellence by monitoring and providing feedback on KPIs set by the department and ensure that the team is delivering against individual and team goals.
• Dispatch all bookings from their team in a timely manner.
• Identify training opportunities and provide partner training for key partners.
• Focus on the management of the assigned team and foster a flexible mindset and a team culture dedicated to providing high quality services to our partners and clients.
• Ensure their team members have clear direction and skills to enable them to perform their duties. This will be delivered through various channels including training, effective performance management, coaching conversations, support in learning and development requirements.
• Lead performance reviews (My Success) of their team members on a yearly basis.
• Ensure that all bookings within their team maintain an appropriate profit margin and provide timely and appropriate feedback to minimise losses.
• Ensure all overdue payments within their teams are followed up on and paid on a weekly basis.
• Support the Director of Leisure and Leisure Manager in ensuring that relevant monthly invoices are accurate and ready to be sent out to partners on a monthly basis.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
• Degree in tourism or related field of study, or minimum four years’ industry experience
• Experience in the Travel, Tourism and/or Hospitality Industry, with at least two years in a supervisory position.
• Knowledge of a broad range of international source markets desirable though not essential.
• Detailed destination and product knowledge of Japan.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese.
• Able to work within a fast-paced environment and adaptable to changing circumstances.
• Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills with internal stakeholders, but more critically external clients and customers.
• Systematic and logical approach to solving problems, with ability to incorporate creativity.
• Self-motivated, highly organised, pro-active and flexible.
• Strong work ethic with a real commitment to continuous improvement.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
Don't hesitate to apply, we are waiting for you!
Last modified on September 14, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.