Japan Objects was founded in 2018 as an international startup with a clear mission: to promote Japanese traditional craft and culture to a global audience. From the outset, we have dedicated ourselves to this vision by providing high-quality Japanese products to our customers through our online store. Our offerings include a broad range of products, such as vintage kimono, Japanese apparel, futon, and ceramics, all of which showcase the beauty and craftsmanship of Japanese culture. Additionally, we have established ourselves as a reputable source of information on Japanese craftsmanship by publishing a highly-regarded online magazine that covers various aspects of this rich heritage.
We are currently seeking an experienced Marketing Manager to join our team, with a primary focus on managing our online store and overseeing the newly launched French and Chinese online stores. Your key responsibilities will include executing marketing strategies and overseeing photo shoot production, in addition to working closely with the supply team to ensure that all orders are meticulously handled and inventory is properly managed. Your expertise in executing successful marketing campaigns will be instrumental in developing impactful strategies that drive growth and enhance brand awareness. Furthermore, you will play a vital role in identifying new product opportunities through extensive research and providing guidance to develop successful strategies for introducing them to the market.
The right candidate for this role must be self-motivated, passionate about Japanese craftsmanship, and willing to take on increased responsibilities as our company continues to grow. We prefer candidates who are native speakers of French or Chinese and have prior experience in e-commerce. If you possess these qualities and are committed to excellence, we encourage you to apply.
Role includes (but not limited to):
• Developing and executing marketing strategies
• Managing the ecommerce platform
• Maintaining social media marketing
• Conducting product and brand research
• Providing customer service in English and French or Chinese
• Monitoring and reporting on sales and social media statistics
• Managing office operations
• Crafting compelling product descriptions
• Creating engaging content
• Translating product descriptions and articles into French or Chinese
• Uploading products to ecommerce platforms
• Uploading magazine articles
• Editing product photos
• Coordinating photoshoots and other similar events
• Native French OR Chinese speaker
• Excellent English communication skills
• Ability to work independently
• Bachelor's degree
• E-commerce experience
• Passion for Japanese traditional craftsmanship/culture
• Exceptional organizational skills with a keen eye for detail
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Proactive with a talent for problem-solving
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Basic photo-editing skills (Photoshop)
• Residency in Tokyo with permission to work in Japan
Additional Preferred Skills/Experiences:
• Proficiency in Japanese language
• Photography skills
• Experience with creative production
Last modified on March 23, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.