Nishimachi International School is recruiting for part-time childcare specialists for a newly introduced service. . With over 70 years as one of Tokyo’s top-tier K-9 international schools, we are excited to extend our services and further fulfill the needs of the community.
Afterschool care assumes responsibility for Nishimachi students after the regular school day which ends at 3.30pm (3:15pm in Kindergarten). The scope of the role includes providing a safe and enriching environment for students between the ages of 5 and 10 years old. All COVID-19 and child protection protocols must be followed. This position is a part-time position, reporting to the Auxiliary Programs Manager. The role is based at Nishimachi’s Moto-Azabu campus (Mori Building).
¥4,000 per hour
2~3.5 hrs per day
No commuting allowance or visa sponsorship is available for this position
15:15~19:00 Monday through Friday
*Opportunities to work 1 ~ 5 days per week and flexible hours
Shifts will be scheduled around demand
There will be no care provided on weekends and school holidays *Our school calendar does run on most Japanese holidays
● Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field preferred
● Thorough knowledge of effective care practices/approaches
● More than three years experience in a childcare/ school setting
● Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
● Solid organizational and interpersonal skills
● Having the ability to speak in Japanese is a plus but not a requirement
● Possess valid CPR and First Aid certifications (or willing to be trained)
● Able to work in a team environment
○ Activities planning taking into account class size, weather, variety of activities etc
○ Develop schedules and routines to ensure that children have enough physical
activity, rest, and playtime
○ Provide clear and open communication with students, family, and staff
○ Organize snacks for children (packed by families)
○ Safe and appropriate activities for children
○ Supervise and monitor the safety of children
○ Keep interactive areas sanitary and safe
○ Contact parents and notify the school during emergency situations
○ Monitor students’ wellbeing and communicate any concerns with caregivers
○ Keep records of children’s attendance, and injuries/accidents
○ Successful execution/delivery of the activities
○ Create a positive environment
○ Implement strategies to guide positive behavior in children
Skills to learn on the job:
● Facility emergency/disaster response and evacuation procedures
● Safety rules, policies and procedures, infection prevention and control procedures
● Abuse reporting procedures
Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to student protection. All applicants for positions at Nishimachi are asked to provide/verify appropriate "student protection" or ‘working with children” certification as part of their application.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.