Status of the post
This is a class teacher role within the school’s staffing structure. The post holder is accountable to the Head of Primary and line managed by the Year Leader. This is a local-hire position.
The post holder will be required to exercise her/his professional skills and judgement to carry out, in a collaborative manner, the professional duties set out below:
1. Development of the school
● Supporting the vision, positive ethos and policies of the whole school and raise standards of the teaching, learning and attainment of pupils.
● Working with the Year Group team in achieving the priorities and targets which the school sets for itself in implementing innovative schemes of work.
● Supporting the evaluation of the effectiveness of the school’s policies and developments.
● Keeping abreast of educational developments in Primary in line with the needs of the school.
2. Teaching and Learning
● To be an excellent teacher, with experience of working in an international school.
● To set high expectations for all pupils and plan effective and engaging lessons.
● To develop excellent rapport with all pupils.
● To be able to clearly differentiate in order to support individual needs.
● Use and analyse assessment data to inform future planning to meet the needs of all children.
● As a reflective practitioner, identify and implement strategies for professional improvement where needs are identified.
● Communicate effectively to parents in both written and oral forms.
● Conduct the BST Performance Review and Development cycle for class Educational Assistant (EA).
● Maintain high standards of behaviour in all learning situations.
● Communicate and cooperate with agencies outside the school as appropriate.
● Informing and managing EAs in support roles in Primary lessons.
● Working closely with the whole Primary team to secure and maintain excellent communication and high standards within the department.
4. Other Specific Responsibilities
● Participating in continuing professional development (CPD) activities
● Participating in the BST Performance Review and Development process
● In liaison with the Deputy Head and Assistant Heads, support day and residential trips to enhance and encourage the skills and experience of all pupils.
● To maintain and develop links with parents, other schools, educational institutions and the wider community
● Attend and participate in assemblies and concerts, as well as registering attendance of pupils and supervising pupils whether before, during or after school.
● Running an extra-curricular activity during any two of the three terms each year.
● Contributing to and attending whole school community events throughout the year.
● Substantial and successful primary teaching experience, with both International and UK experience.
● High level of personal skill in and passion for Primary teaching and innovation.
● Interest in integration of technology to engage learning.
Disposition – evidence of
● Personal and intellectual qualities required to set an example to others.
● Ability to work on your own initiative and be a proactive and positive team member.
● Commitment to excellence and to raise the skills, progress and personal achievements of all pupils.
● Flexibility, drive, energy and enthusiasm.
● Approachability and a sense of humour.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
● Ability to be a collaborative team player with a good understanding of how teamwork contributes to school improvement and year group success.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.