By 2020, STH Japan will be recognised for establishing a new way of enjoying sports events, offering Japan premium spectator experiences and helping customers cultivate positive and valuable relationships through sports hospitality.
Operations Team Coordinator – In Venue Hospitality (IVH)
• Location: Nogizaka Office & Venue
• Start date: Immediate 2019
• End date: September 2020
• Salary: Competitive
--- KEY RELATIONSHIPS
• Reports to: Senior Operations Cluster Manager
• External stakeholders: Tokyo 2020 In Venue Hospitality Team (IVH), Tokyo 2020 (TOCOG) Functional Areas – various, STH Japan Stakeholders – Sodexo, JTB, iLUKA, Relevant Regulatory Authorities, STH suppliers, Local Authorities/Ward Office representatives.
--- KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
▪ Support the preparation & delivery of In-Venue Hospitality for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games
▪ Provide administrative, independent research & Japanese language support to the Team
▪ Assist in setting external meetings with suppliers or external stakeholders
▪ Coordinate the production of event documentation, reports and drawings
-- Operational Fulfilment Management:
▪ Under the direction of the Operations Team, support the systems and processes implemented across the project to:
• ensure that all suppliers comply with the obligations arising from their contractual terms
• ensure STH compliance to all applicable regulatory standards relating to the delivery of the hospitality programme (eg. Planning permissions for temporary structures, health and safety regulations, food standards etc)
• take on additional projects from time to time
-- Communication and Reporting:
▪ Attend internal & external meetings, accurately and concisely recording actions and minutes and providing translation support as and when required
▪ Ensure efficient flow and transfer of information within the Team
▪ Coordinate the Teams contribution to reporting and tracking systems for key operations tasks
-- Relationship Management:
▪ Represent the Company to Tokyo 2020 (TOCOG), suppliers and other stakeholders
▪ Act as a point of contact for external stakeholders as requested by the Team
▪ Support the Senior Operations Cluster Manager in creating an environment that motivates and empowers the Operations Team, encourages teamwork and ownership of tasks
-- Coordination & Administration:
▪ Conduct independent research about local marketplace and meet with potential suppliers to pre-select and shortlist for the team
▪ Support and prepare meetings, presentations and official documents in both Japanese and English
▪ Support producing relevant reports and briefings in Japanese and English
▪ Interpretation and translation as required
-- Games Time & Dissolution:
▪ Support the Games Time delivery of the IVH Programme including Transfer of Knowledge and programme debrief
▪ Contribute to the Team’s Operational Readiness and participate in table-top scenarios and testing
▪ Work as directed to ensure event delivery across specified venues (for example coordination of all IVH venue suppliers, ensuring all staff are fully aware of the itinerary, menus, beverages and customer expectations for the sessions)
▪ Anticipate problems and pro-actively trouble-shoot service difficulties as they arise
▪ Contribute to post event debrief report and ensure post event learnings are captured in the Transfer of Knowledge process
--- THE SUCCESSFUL PROFILE
Fluent in Japanese and English
--Essential knowledge and skills:
• Business acumen, strong administrative and organisation skills ideally gained in an event or project-based environment
• Proactive with lots of initiative and problem-solving skills
• Analytical and comfortable manipulating large amounts of data, technical drawings & documents with meticulous attention to detail
• Confident and articulate - outstanding communication and presentation skills
• Adaptable to change and able to work calmly under pressure
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint and Word
• Excellent time keeping and ability to meet deadlines
• Energetic and enthusiastic team player, adaptable to multicultural environments; high-level interpersonal, leadership and relationship building skills
• Driven by quality and aspire to deliver great customer service
--Desirable knowledge and skills:
• Experience in major event, multi-sport operations and/or knowledge of the structure and workings of an Olympic Games Organising Committee and /or Olympic Stakeholder
We await your application to join the most exciting Sports Hospitality related team in Japan!
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.