Under the GSF umbrella are schools like Global Indian International School (GIIS), One World International School (OWIS) and the Global Montessori Plus (GMP). The foundation has pioneered various initiatives that impact and improve student learning like the Mahatma Gandhi Centre for Universal Values (MGCUV), Chandu Borde Global Cricket Academy (CBGCA), Global Centre for Education Excellence (GCEE) and Global Centre for Innovation and Entrepreneurship (GCIE). For more information please visit http://www.globalschoolsfoundation.org/
GIIS Tokyo is a part of the GIIS network of award-winning international schools with proven credentials in the field of education with an impressive track record of providing world-class education across 8 countries. GIIS Tokyo campus currently focuses on primary and middle school education, with expansion plans to serve the interests and needs of students in Japan.
We are seeking a Head of School who can represent and drive our school and best practices further to help build a better future for all involved.
A) Planning & Strategic Development:
• Strengthen OWIS reputation and improve customers’ satisfaction through reviewing of OWIS’s key processes and structures to ensure their relevancy and alignment with GSF’s mission and vision.
• Aligning campus activities through Marketing & Social Media o Develop strong word of mouth endorsements through Parents engagements /PSG with special emphasis on low-cost/ no-cost endeavors.
• Community Outreach Projects to improve OWIS brand & local community bonding.
• Develop, monitor and review strategic plans and processes to best employ expertise, talent and resources for OWIS.
• Identify and communicate key goals and performance indicators and sets measurable targets to evaluate staffs’ performances.
• Assess OWIS’s efficiency in utilizing resources and evaluate the safety of the school, quality of services administered to ensure a long-term sustainable curriculum operation.
• Assisting in yearly teacher evaluations, assisting in providing guidance to staff and students, and encouraging a positive climate in the school.
• Review Succession Plans of HOD’s/Coordinators.
• Chairs meetings for the purpose of coordinating activities and ensuring that outcomes achieve OWIS objectives.
• Approve annual report for the Board to provide accountability for all for the purposes of OWIS.
• Grow OWIS student enrollment as per set target.
• Responsible for achieving target results of Board classes in the segment.
• Achieve 100% internal control compliance with OWIS stated policies & procedures in governance, finance, purchasing & human resources. As well as Regulatory compliance & Compliance to Environment, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Disaster Management.
• Review and improve process workflow within OWIS to increase productivity.
B) Academic Leadership:
• Provide assistance to the teachers in order to improve their teaching capabilities and instructional techniques.
• Grow Innovative academic initiatives such as taping student learning at skill level, pedagogy based on Learning styles & Digital usage to enhance learning.
• Increase Student achievements in external competitions and events and represent schools in national and international seminars/competitions in curricular and co & extracurricular areas.
• Ensure highest standards in the curriculum, pedagogy for the implementation of the curriculum, recruitment of the academic personnel, teacher empowerment programs, timely interventions for curricular and pedagogical corrections.
• Clear identification of learning objectives at each module/level and measure learning outcomes
• Evaluate teaching programs relevancy and effectiveness relating to the development of students’ cognitive, physical, aesthetic, social and moral, and leadership.
C) People Resource Planning & Development:
• Develop and evaluate a systemic process for identifying and addressing the training needs of staff to ensure they are adequately equipped to deliver on the goals of the school.
• Review current training plans and programs to ensure that it is able to identify, develop and optimize the potential of all staff.
• Develop effective communication and interaction links between management and staff to assess, identify and promote staff welfare needs.
• Create an environment that builds and supports the morale of staff so that they are empowered in school improvement and have a deeper sense of shared ownership and involvement in school affairs.
• Develop a system for collecting and managing data and information to make sound planning and administration decisions.
• Interact and engage with parents who serve the school advisory boards and parent teacher organizations.
• Cultivate and drive Teambuilding culture in OWIS.
D) Partnering with Stakeholders:
• Develop partnerships with key stakeholders to enhance the quality of education at OWIS.
• Assess the physical facilities of the school to provide a safe and secure environment conducive for learning and work.
• Minimum qualifications: Master’s Degree with a teaching degree or its equivalent
• Experience: At least 5 years of experience in a senior management or leadership position. Prior experience in strategic planning, financial and human resource management would be an advantage
• Has deep understanding about Education, Children and pedagogy.
• Lead from the front, lead by example.
• Values empowerment deeply. Uses, more of moral authority rather than positional authority to influence decisions.
• Is able to inspire and invoke the best in each individual.
• Has a bias towards action and takes personal accountability to implement initiatives.
We welcome your application for this position.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.