Custom Media is an award-winning design, publishing and digital communications agency based in central Tokyo.
We seek a confident, organized and proactive project manager who enjoys working in a challenging and dynamic international environment to join our growing team.
As a project manager at Custom Media, you are responsible for the management of a variety of complex, innovative marketing and creative projects for major foreign and Japanese clients.
Ideal candidate for this position in a fast-growing and dynamic company is a bilingual Japanese graduate with at least three year’s management experience (client facing) and a good knowledge of marketing, advertising, public relations or digital communications.
• Ensure projects are completed on time, within the budget and of high standards
• Mentor, manage and motivate a team of project coordinators
• Submit weekly Project Status Reports
• Understand and apply global best practices in project management.
• Strive constantly to improve delivery practices, processes and procedures
• Manage clients, business partners, vendors and suppliers to ensure the best outcome for clients and the company
• Define/agree scope of work internally and with clients and ensure projects are delivered within agreed scope
• Identify, manage and mitigate project risk
• Track and report financial status of project against estimate; escalate/resolve financial issues as they happen
• Support sales presentations by assembling quotations, proposals, videos, slide shows, etc.
• Help managers by writing reports and analyzing data
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree
• Good communicator: native Japanese; fluent in English with experience working in a multi-national environment
• Responsible and organized: demonstrate ability of prioritizing, allocating and managing multiple projects with sound judgment
• Committed to quality: strong attention to detail and constantly driven to improve
• Ability to work under pressure: self-motivated, with a high degree of flexibility and fluidity, and an objective-focused and positive approach
• Enthusiastic team player: eager to provide insight and receive feedback
• Minimum 3-years of experience managing multi-disciplined delivery within an agency environment, implementing innovative, interactive and consumer-focused solutions
Optional (but very useful):
• Experience in translation (J->E, E->J)
• Experience in copywriting and editing (Japanese)
• Knowledge of social media marketing
• Knowledge and experience in digital marketing
• Salary negotiable, based on experience
• Professional on-the-job training
• Full exposure to all aspects of our business
• Complete set of business skills
• Friendly, comfortable work environment
• Transport allowance
• Paid vacations
Please apply with a cover letter explaining what about this position appeals to you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
No telephone calls, please.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.