We are looking for a motivated professional willing to contribute to the international business development of a dynamic Japanese intellectual property law firm.
What you'll be doing:
Develop business opportunities and increase clients:
- Conceptualize and implement new strategies for business development;
- Prospect and identify new client and key marketing/advertising partners;
- Negotiate, implement and manage the closing of new business; and
- Organize business trips and attend conferences to find new clients.
Client relations management:
- Facilitate communication between international client companies and our firm;
- Discuss complex technical and legal issues arising from Japanese IP law with our clients both orally and in writing;
- Monitor client relationships;
- Review internal procedures so that they are in line with clients' needs and strategies;
- Negotiate with clients for services and fees;
- Draft IP related newsletters and presentations;
- Study IP laws of different jurisdictions;
- Organize/participate in Japanese IP law seminars for international clients; and
- Maintaining client database.
The ideal candidate will have the following profile:
✓ University degree
✓ Background in IP or law is preferable (admission to the bar not required).
✓ Creative mindset with the ability to conceptualize and implement new ideas to improve our business.
✓ Organized, keen on details, independent, and motivated.
✓ Winning personality with excellent communication skills.
✓ Open-minded and willing to work with different people from various cultural
✓ Be willing and motivated to go on business trips outside of Japan.
✓ Work experience: mid-level
Required language proficiency:
English: Native level or business fluency
Japanese: JLPT N2 or higher, or a commitment to learn
Fluency in other languages such as Chinese, French, German, or other European languages is a plus.
Tokyo, Japan with the possibility of working from home.
What’s in it for you:
At Sonoda & Kobayashi, we recognize the value of our employees and engage them as true partners in running our business. We need your expertise and value your opinions. Come be a part of our team!
Last modified on July 10, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.