IT Support Engineer
At HCL Japan we deliver innovative technology solutions built around Digital, IoT, Cloud, Automation, Cybersecurity, Analytics, Infrastructure Management and Engineering
Our areas of operation include the greater Tokyo region, Yokohama, Osaka, Nagoya, and others.
The ideal candidate for this role will be able to do the following:
• Speak English and Japanese to communicate with Engineers
• Be able to set up and maintain IT infrastructure at Site Office
• Estimate the IT Infrastructure cost in accordance with company requirements
• Negotiate with IT vendors
Activities to be performed include:
• Providing technical support and guidance to Service Desk staff.
• Being directly involved in resolving incidents or problems in a timely manner (irrespective of priority) that cause service impact and act as an escalation point for incidents.
• Working with Head of IT to establish standards and best practices for managing internal infrastructure, including network, access rights, desktops, servers, internal applications.
• Working closely with the IT Service Desk and other Specialist to ensure a timely, robust and comprehensive service transition process.
• Responsible for overall system and infrastructure availability and develop a resilient infrastructure to reduce failures.
• Responsible for management of the rollout and support of desktop devices, including laptops and printers, and productivity tools such as Outlook and MSOffice.
• Ensures that systems, processes and methodologies are maintained, followed to ensure effective monitoring, control and support of service delivery.
• Monitoring and evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of infrastructure service delivery methods and procedures.
• Installing, configuring and supporting new and existing servers and network infrastructure.
• Planning and implementing upgrades needed to maintain service levels.
• Developing and leading the replacement of infrastructure at end of life.
• Conducting testing and analysis of all components of network and server infrastructure components.
• Maintains server uptime consistent with business goals and metrics.
• Maintains and constantly improves server and network performance, reliability and security
• Manages the performance objectives and professional development of the Service Desk team including the initiation, monitoring, review and validation of individual training and development plans in line with organizational and business requirements.
If your experience matches any of the above or you would like to learn more about this opportunity, we encourage you to apply.
We look forward to receiving your application!
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.