Can you dance, sing, act, or all three? Then join our team!
Youth Theatre Japan (YTJ) is the one and only English Theater Company for the younger generation in Japan. We make a social contribution by connecting to local and international communities through various performances, online and off! Our concept is a unique fusion of “Entertainment” and “Education.” Our company has been growing dramatically over the past few years, and we currently have 47 studios and over 7,000 members in the Kanto, Kansai, Chubu, and Fukuoka areas.
New studios are opening every year!
We are currently hiring creative, and enthusiastic individuals to join our team!
Basic Job Description
- Contract Type: Part-Time
- Contract period: 1 year (renewable)
- Job Title: Dance, Ballet, and Voice Instructor
- Salary: ¥1,500 - 4,200 / hour
- Working location: Various studios in the Kanto, Kansai, Chubu and Fukuoka areas
- Working shift: Weekdays between 14:00~21:00,
Weekends between 8:00~21:00
- Initial, and on the job training provided
- Paid commuting expenses
- Various other fringe benefits
- Teaching English, Singing, Dancing, or acting to YTJ members ranging from 4 to 23 years old
- Prepare for a lesson (clean studio, take attendance, finalize lesson plan*)
- Attending irregular meetings, training, and events as required
*Lesson content will be provided online, and at each location.
- Native-level English
- Professional, and have good communication skills
- Must currently reside in Japan (Kanto/Kansai/Chubu/Fukuoka).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be professional, punctual, organized and dependable
- Have a creative mind, with interests including drawing, music, writing, theater, etc
- Cooperative, with a teamwork mindset
- Be interested in improving their Japanese skills
Preferred candidates will have:
- N2 or N1 JLPT language proficiency
- At least 1 year’s experience of either English teaching, or dance instruction
- A background in education and/or the performing arts
- A 4-year degree from an accredited university
- Experience using Microsoft Office, and Google Office
We look forward to hearing from you!
-Only successful applicants will be contacted-
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.