We are recruiting translators/reviewers who are passionate about video games for our Game Localization team!
The successful candidate will be able to provide high-quality game translations from Japanese to their Native Language, as well as reviewing services for translations of the latest games to identify mistranslations, inconsistencies, and disruptions of narrative flow found throughout the translation.
Our client base range from AAA gaming companies as well as indie developers.
- Native level of Latin Spanish, German or Portuguese
- Strong creative writing skills in the native language
- Japanese comprehension above N2 level
- Experience and familiarity with video games
- Basic PC skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Residing in Tokyo and its vicinity (Kanto Area)
- Extensive experience playing videogames, manga and Japanese media
- Valid work visa
- Interest in Japanese culture
- Ability to communicate through Japanese business emails.
- Translation tools experience, such as Trados, MemoQ, WordFast, etc
- At least 1 year translation experience in the entertainment industry
- Experience dealing with Clients in Japanese (BtoB)
- Writing and reading skills of Japanese (equivalent to JLPT N1)
[Working Hours/Work Place]
- Standard working hours (10 AM to 7 PM)/Flexible
- Remote work possible
*Renewable, Full-time advancement depending on performance.
- TBD. Based on experience and ability.
- Transportation expenses provided separately.
- Social Insurance, paid holidays.
Translation Test ⇒ 1st. interview ⇒ 2nd interview ⇒ Offer
* Check your spam folder if you haven't received a response to your application or your test.
* If possible, please provide an alternate email address with a different domain to ensure our emails reach you.
We are looking forward to your application.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.