Our Client is one the largest companies in Aerospace, they are hiring a safety and health compliance and training officer to help with safety and health in an office environment. This individual will be responsible for developing safety and health process, culture and training. They will be the person that other Client employees will seek out for advice regarding safety and health concerns. The safety and health specialist will take these concerns and rate them in order of severity and develop a plan to address these concerns. The safety and health specialist will report to the Director of Safety.
The Safety and health Compliance and Training Specialist is an integral part of the Client Safety Team, reporting to the Safety Director. The Specialist will participate in a variety of tasks aimed at improving safety and health, ergonomics, and human performance in a, mostly, office setting. The specialist will analyze equipment, furnishings, guidance, processes, and human performance requirements to ensure compliance with regulatory safety and health requirements. The specialist will assess challenges in such areas to identify and classify hazards, recommend potential corrective actions for approval, implement approved corrective actions, and then measure the effectiveness of the actions. The specialist will serve as the primary coordinator of all safety and health initial and recurrent training provided to Client employees, delivering some training himself or herself and assuring the quality of any training performed by contractors. The specialist will coordinate and facilitate safety and health meetings and training, author safety and health communiqués, and establish, promote, and help manage a voluntary reporting system for hazards and errors. The specialist should be able to assertively but respectfully advocate safety and health practices within a highly diverse
intercultural flight test environment that is under significant schedule pressure. Occasional
domestic and international travel may be required.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify and classify hazards and error producing conditions in order to develop and update a comprehensive safety and health plan that mitigates risk and that cultivates a positive safety and health culture.
- Systematically track and prioritize safety hazards, causes, corrective actions, and effectiveness of actions to include off duty safety.
- Perform frequent site safety inspections to identify all non-compliant equipment and those processes and practices conducive to non-compliance with regards to applicable regulations of International, National, Prefecture, and local Agencies’ ergonomic, industrial hygiene, hazardous material, and environmental regulations and permit requirements.
- Monitor and track all on and off the job accidents to include accidents that occur while commuting to and from work. Assist in reporting these accidents.
- Ensure Client personnel are trained and knowledgeable in their safety responsibilities by organizing and facilitating initial, recurrent, and routinely scheduled meetings and training sessions covering topics in safety and associated human factors and by authoring written communiqués. Such topics may include the following: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), First Aid, Automatic External Defibrillation (AED), local First Responder, hot and cold weather exposure, voluntary reporting system for safety concerns, Japanese Environmental requirements, fire extinguisher use, building evacuation, flammable material management, and off duty safety (e.g., driving and pedestrian hazards).
- Pursue the most effective training methods and technology to ensure that Client personnel perceive the value of such training and enjoy the experience. Active learning methods such as “hands on” exercises should be delivered, either by the specialist or by contracted trainers. Technology such as virtual reality and augmented reality should be used to maximize learning effectiveness and learning enjoyment.
- Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of safety training delivered to employees.
- Promote a voluntary reporting system that encourages employees to share hazards and errors in a fashion that encourages a Just Culture.
- Work shifts as the “on-call” safety representative for time-sensitive safety issues, to include occasionally being on-call after normal business hours.
- Provide support and guidance to the Client Safety Team as a member to support the development and upkeep of a Safety Management System (SMS).
Interface with regulatory authorities, local first responders, and other safety and health and human performance experts, as appropriate, to ensure compliance with governing safety and health and ergonomics directives.
- Maintain safety and health records and submit timely periodic reports to regulatory agencies.
- Assist in the reporting and investigation of personnel injuries.
- Support and review emergency programs and facilitate drills, as appropriate.
- Assist and/or lead incident investigations and participate in management review of all serious
- Participate in annual budget and requirements development process for the Client safety and health team.
- Lead internal safety and health evaluations and coordinate external audits, close findings, and implement recommendations.
- Direct supervision toward appropriate light duty tasks for injured personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Safety.
- Complete and record inspections for Client AED’s.
- Complete and record inspections for Client Fire Extinguishers.
- Complete and record air quality monitoring bi-monthly.
- Chair the current Safety and health Committee meetings.
- Advise on reoccurring safety patrol action items.
- Develop and train employees on earthquake safety.
- Develop a system for maintaining all first aid kits.
- Conduct company-provided health check for employees in line with laws and regulations in coordination with company doctor’s team.
- Take care of employees in terms of occupational health including but not limited to occupational health training, restriction of such work condition as overtime limit in coordination with company
- Generate and maintain statistical report related to occupational health and safety
- Japanese Safety and Health Manager 衛生管理者1種
- Current driver's license.
- Ability to pass drug screening test.
- Respectful of other national and professional cultures and possessing a willingness to learn about other cultures.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the safety and health, ergonomics or industrial hygiene fields.
- Thorough understanding of safety and health regulations (JCAB, FAA, JISHA, etc.) and best practices, to include reporting and recordkeeping.
- Excellent Japanese written and verbal communication skills for presenting safety and health and human factors information.
- English level: Basic
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and intercultural sensitivity to work effectively with all levels of an international organization.
- Ability to use computers and associated software programs, such as MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.