IBA Japan Secretariat has six full time members of staff who provide support for the full range of the Association’s activities. The post holder will report to the Secretary General and the position is available from the beginning of August.
The job holder will be responsible for the following activities:
• Bilingual PA support to the Secretary General and some administrative assistance to senior managers.
• Arranging and coordinating meetings with a wide range of groupings and individuals including senior management from member firms, and senior representatives from government, other businesses in Japan and international stakeholders.
• Designing, preparing and formatting documents for various activities and committees and ensuring they are distributed in a timely manner.
• Ensuring IBA Japan contact databases are up to date and contain accurate information.
• Drafting text in English for various communications to be circulated on behalf of the Secretary General.
• Office support: shared responsibility for answering phones, dealing with queries, receiving visitors, and other administrative tasks.
• Event co-ordination support activities including welcoming guests, registration of members and liaising with venue staff.
• Occasional translation of short documents into English or Japanese.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
The post holder is likely to have the following profile:
• Good knowledge of financial services.
• Experience of supporting senior staff in a bilingual and international environment gained in Japan perhaps working for international businesses (including financial services), government, an NGO or equivalent.
• Strong organizational and relationship management and interpersonal skills.
• Native-level Japanese (including writing emails, handling telephone calls and communicating with senior stakeholders in business Japanese).
• Strong business-level English skills. (English is the working language of the office and the post holder will need to be confident and proficient in drafting text and writing emails and communicating face to face and by phone with colleagues and stakeholders).
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
• Experienced and comfortable working in a cross-cultural environment.
• Ability to take the initiative and show flexibility including a willingness to take on new challenges.
• Good but appropriate level of attention to detail.
• Team player.
• Good communicator.
• The salary is negotiable
• Central office location
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply by sending to email@example.com the following:
• A short covering letter explaining why you are interested in this position and why you are suitable.
• Salary expectations
We envisage we will meet the best qualified candidates on two or three occasions. The initial interview will be conducted mostly in English but also in Japanese. In addition, an Executive Assistant related skill test may be part of the assessment process. Interviews may be arranged with well qualified candidates on receipt of their applications before the 20 August deadline.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.