Job Description Summary:
An exciting opportunity has opened up to join the Supplier Management Team that look after the client as a Manufacturing Engineer, working across multiple engines projects and multiple supply chain units, with one of the company’s most important partners in Japan.
The Manufacturing Engineer- Purchase role on the client account ensures delivery of Manufacturing Engineering activities in client site in support of the Civil Large Engine Business, through sound Manufacturing Engineering ability, and through effective supplier relationship management.
The clients are a long-term, strategic, risk and revenue sharing partner on the engine programs, with design, manufacture and assembly responsibility for the IPC Module.
The Manufacturing Engineer-Purchase use the methods described in corporate process landscapes to program manage, validate and/or execute tasks. They ensure manufacturing processes are safe and capable of achieving and sustaining the design intent, required production rate, cost and quality and are delivered on time to the business.
- Develop, implement, validate, maintain and continuously improve manufacturing processes and/or methods of manufacture which are capable of meeting and continuing to meet requirements for safety, quality, cost, delivery rate and lead time
- Create, maintain and/or govern elements of the Technical Package which clearly define the manufacturing process and control them effectively
- Capture, analyse and use data to demonstrate and improve the current and future capability of manufacturing processes
- Work with interfacing teams, local experts, partners and suppliers to ensure technical aspects of manufacturing processes are understood and accounted for as required
- Resolve technical problems and exercise professional judgment
- Identify and develop opportunities for new or improved manufacturing processes and technologies to meet current or future requirements
- Manage and maintain the integrity of business related data in support of manufacturing processes
- Identify, document and share best practice; capture and utilize lessons learned
- Plan and manage activities, communicating current status to relevant stakeholders
- Ensure manufacturing processes comply with all legal requirements and customer requirements
- Comply with RRMS and SABRe. Ensure export control and intellectual property requirements are satisfied
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (manufacturing/production/Industrial engineering preferred), or equivalent knowledge is required and professional accreditation is an advantage (e.g. CEng)
- General understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to the component manufacture and module assembly activities at client site.
- Knowledge of ME processes defined in both SABRe and the RRMS
- General awareness of Manufacturing Systems and enabling software tools relevant to the business - Self-motivation and the ability to self-start - Good communication skills and the ability to discuss technical and business issues with peers and managers
- Previous working experience as MEP and FAIR delegations (preferred)
- Experience in the supply chain (preferred)
-A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (manufacturing/production/Industrial engineering preferred), or equivalent knowledge is required and professional accreditation is an advantage
-General understanding of manufacturing processes relevant to the component manufacture and module assembly activities at client site. - Knowledge of ME processes defined in both SABRe and the RRMS
-General awareness of Manufacturing Systems and enabling software tools relevant to the business
-Self-motivation and the ability to self-start - Good communication skills and the ability to discuss technical and business issues with peers and managers
- Be able to face delivery pressure.
- Act quickly on demands or requests.
- Driven for results.
- Business level or higher Japanese.
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.