Description / Responsibilities:
The Threat Manager is an embedded role with one of Pinkerton's largest global tech clients. This position is a part of the client's Workplace Incident Management (WIM) team and will support its goals and initiatives across the APAC region. The corporate WIM team works together, providing expertise and resources to local security and Human Resources involving global locations and personnel and embraces the concepts of continuous process improvement, innovation and shared risk management. This position is a key liaison with regional and local teams tasked with ensuring a safe and secure work environment.The Manager will assess physical security threats and conduct workplace investigations related to threats of violence, suicidal ideation, physical and verbal assault, harassment, and other types of workplace incidents. The Manager uses technology, analysis, interviewing and assessment techniques to protect and safeguard personnel, information, and assets.
1. Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
2. Conduct interviews of victims, witnesses, and persons of interest utilizing established interviewing techniques and skills specific to corporate investigations.
3. Build collaborative cross-functional partnerships and contribute to multi-disciplinary teams within security groups, Human Resources, Employee Relations, and Legal;
+ Lead related training and awareness sessions with a focus on incident prevention as well as incident response.
4. Collect, document and preserve video, still images, documents, and other materials connected to an investigation and maintain it as part of the investigation's workflow and case adjudication process.
5. Use a structured investigative workflow and case management system to track and close investigations and analyse trends and patterns in order to identify causation, mitigate loss, and change processes to prevent future incidents.
6. Analyse CCTV video, access control systems and other data collection capabilities, in response to incidents in order to identify behaviors, root causes, locations, potential evidence, and/or person(s) involved.
7. Conduct and manage investigations using both automated and manual tools, such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat DC, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Bridge, Microsoft Word, Lenel, Amazon Chime, Microsoft Outlook, and a cloud-based case management system.
8. Compile and publish case management metrics.
9. All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Security Management, International Security, Criminal Justice, or related field from an accredited college or university with at least four years of experience with corporate investigation, security operations, law enforcement, incident management, social services. Preferred experience using the PEACE interview method and familiarity with professional threat assessment organizations including the Asia Pacific Association of Threat Assessment Professionals (APATAP). Pinkerton is an inclusive employer who seeks candidates with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
• Effective regional and/or global security program/project management skills.
• Bi-lingual skills; English and Japanese.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Able to analyze complex security situations and data, identify gaps, and recommend solutions.
• Able to interact effectively and build strong cross-functional teams at all levels within the organization as well as external partners.
• Able to compare and judge the functional, structural, and compositional characteristics of data, people, or things.
• Able to multi-task and organize workload for effective implementation with a fast paced and highly confidential environment.
• Serve as an effective team member.
• Technical skills to perform job related tasks.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions;
• Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
• Regular computer usage.
• Occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
• Ability to adjust focus between close and distance vision.
• Travel, as required.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL:
Last modified on October 21, 2022
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.