Our client is a renowned international engineering company looking for a regional HR specialist to join their global HR team. The Regional HR Partner will be based in Japan supporting other Asian countries. The Regional HR Specialist will partner with the International HR team in translating business strategy into Human Resources action.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage HR administration for employees in the Asia region.
• Work with International HR to implement strategies in the region focused on targeted objectives.
• Provide HR support and ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
• Answer to HR related inquiries from all departments and level of employees Address basic to moderately complex HR-related inquiries from all levels of employees in all areas of the organization in specific sites in the region.
• Partner with Talent Team in the recruiting process by coordinating job postings, reviewing resumes, scheduling interviews, and maintaining Workday records.
• Responsible for new hire on-boarding process for foreign local hires (GSR) and international assignees
• Assist in the development of various HR documents, such as organizational charts, employee handbooks, onboarding processes and process maps.
• Files and maintains personnel files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
• Verifies employment documentation and maintains according to legal requirements.
• Effectively support and address internal employee relations issues.
• Guides the development of records and reports containing personnel-related data, such as hires, transfers, immigration documents.
• Conducts audits of various personnel files, benefits or other HR programs.
• Processes terminations and required follow up activities.
• Responsible for coordination of Service Awards program and Special Awards
• Assists International HR with various research projects and/or special projects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This position will:
• Be able to integrate company’s HR policies and procedures into each country’s employment practice and compliance.
• Be a first line of contact for employees in Asia needing HR support.
• Oversee time & attendance and payroll processing
• Conduct HR meeting and to introduce company policies and directions at each business location domestically as well as internationally.
• Support the management of JAPAN HQ office in Tokyo and each business unit located in 8-9 Asian countries.
• Updates and implement new company polices according to the instructions from the U.S. HQ office and as well as in compliance with the local labor laws.
1. 4 years degree or higher in human resources related or MBA focusing on HR
2. General working knowledge of Japanese labor laws and regulations
3. 4-7 years of experience in hands-on HR related experience
4. Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
5. Must be able to work independently
6. Must be able to travel 50% regularly
7. Japanese language level must be native level
8. English, Business level needed
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.