You will be joining our Customer Support team in our Nagoya office on a temporary basis at an especially exciting time as Japan welcomes the Rugby World Cup.
We are a fun and enthusiastic team, and this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to work in a bilingual environment and learn about and deliver great customer service to visitors to Japan from the UK, USA and Australia. This is a challenging role, but you will have lots of support and guidance and it is incredibly rewarding to help our customers have great experiences in Japan.
You will be part of a winning team and contributing to our great customer satisfaction record: 98% of our customers rate their trips as ‘good’ or ‘excellent’.
You will be working with the operations team in Nagoya and with travel consultants from our offices in the UK, USA, Australia and Nagoya to provide support to our customers travelling in Japan in line with our company values and ethos. Your aim is to help our customers have a great experience and to become repeat customers for us or want to recommend us to their friends.
It is going to be busy so you will need to be able to work under pressure and of course you will be talking to customers so you will need excellent communication and negotiation skills.
We have a great customer satisfaction rating but of course sometimes things don’t go as planned so you will need to have something of a ‘thick skin’ and be confident in handling complaints always with the focus of turning negatives into positives.
You will need good Japanese and English language skills, but we are flexible on which is your strongest. More than experience, we are looking for people motivated by providing good service and who will derive job satisfaction from helping customers to have the best experience possible.
This role will suit an individual who wants to experience a customer service role in a company that is determined to provide a great service. This is a really good way in to customer service or a great next step if you have some experience already.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties include:
1. Answer and resolve customer support requests
2. Coordinate with the operations team and travel consultants on customer support issues
3. Keep our Customer Support Log up to date
4. Troubleshoot during service disruptions – earthquakes, typhoons etc
5. Ensure that decisions are made in line with company policy
6. Liaise with service providers to ensure seamless service delivery
The position will also involve various miscellaneous tasks as and when required. These will range from assistance with basic administrative duties in the office to attending our customers for unusual or emergency situations that may arise from time to time.
Skills and experience
A successful native English speaker will have an intermediate to advanced level of Japanese (preferably JLPT N2 or higher). A successful native Japanese speaker will have an advanced level of English (preferably a TOEIC score of 900 or higher). Overseas experience is a plus and you will need to be able to confidently talk to clients over the phone in English.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate the following: A desire to deliver great customer service
• Excellent communication skills and a calm, unflappable manner
• Keen attention to detail.
• Experience of travelling in Japan and extensive knowledge of the country – just some is okay!
• A confident phone manner in both English and Japanese
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office and good all round IT skills
• A proven ability to work as an individual as well as the capacity to fit in to a team orientated work place.
It will be an advantage if candidates have:
• Experience in use of databases (CRMs, booking systems etc)
• Experience in the travel industry
• Experience in customer support
Location and Travel
The role is based full time in our Nagoya office which is located in the heart of the city just a stone’s throw from the television tower and the main districts of Marunouchi and Sakae. As this is primarily an office-based position it will necessitate living within commuting distance of central Nagoya. A commuting allowance will be provided. 21,000 yen / month at maximum.
Residence: Accept resumes from people living anywhere (but preferably from Nagoya or Aichi prefecture as it is 3 months temporary position and we cannot support relocation)
Full training for the role will be provided in-house.
Pay and conditions
• Basic salary: from JPY ¥271,993 per month depending on skills and experience.
• Completion Bonus: 50% to 75% of your monthly salary as a bonus subject to performance and completion of the contract as agreed with your line manager. Your line manager will be taking into consideration your overall performance, your approach to your work and your attendance.
• Hours: 40 hours per week with overtime as required.
• Working shift: You will be asked to work a Friday to Tuesday shift pattern. Wednesday and Thursdays will be your regular 2 days off.
• Holiday: Paid holiday is not included in this contract.
• National holidays falling during contract: if these are worked then they will be paid as extra days.
• Additional benefits: Include Japanese Health Insurance and commuting allowance.
• VISA requirement: Please send your visa status with applications. You must be able to work legally in Japan between 19th August 2019 ~ 22nd November 2019
Closing date for applications: 28th June
Interviews to take place: 1st July 2019 ~ 10th July
Start date: Monday 19th August 2019
Contract ends Friday 22nd November 2019
Interviews for selected candidates will be scheduled for the 1st and 2nd week of July.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.