Destination Asia Japan is expanding, and we are currently seeking dynamic, ambitious, driven persons to be part of our growth. This position is based in our Ginza, Tokyo Head Office, where you will be part of a young, energetic, and international team.
Deliver high quality travel experiences and reservations services with a focus on VIP clients, HNWI (High-Net-Worth Individuals), and partner visits (FAM trips).
Have day-to-day accountability for timely delivery of quality services across quotations and reservations. Responsible for driving continued improvement through training and development.
Champion a culture of open and honest communication, teamwork, customer centric mindset, and flexibility.
Execute any special projects or other duties as assigned by the Leisure Manager or Director of Leisure.
The VIP Specialist is expected to work closely with the operations team to ensure that all services are confirmed and organized according to each itinerary.
• Drive innovation and creativity to explore opportunities for growth and increase market share.
• Delight our partners and clients by meeting their requirements and adhering to SLAs or other similar agreements with partners regarding quotations, reservations, and on-the-ground services.
• Identify upselling opportunities and seize every sales opportunity to drive profitability and negotiate for special requests with hotels/suppliers for specific clients.
• Assist with regular inquiries as necessary based on workload and volume of VIP requests.
• Attend FAM Trips within Japan to provide assistance and act as the company’s representative to visiting partners.
• Contribute to fostering a flexible mindset and a culture dedicated to providing high quality services to our partners and clients by sharing their knowledge and experience with their colleagues.
• Dispatch all bookings in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all bookings maintain an appropriate profit margin and provide timely and appropriate feedback to minimise losses.
• Ensure all overdue payments are followed up on and paid on a weekly basis.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
• Degree in tourism or related field of study, or minimum four years’ industry experience
• Experience in the Travel, Tourism and/or Hospitality Industry.
• Knowledge of a broad range of international source markets desirable though not essential.
• Detailed destination and product knowledge of Japan.
• Experience successfully planning and executing meetings and incentives desirable.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Japanese.
• Excellent collaboration and relationship building skills with internal stakeholders, but more critically external clients and customers.
• Service-oriented with a customer-centric mindset.
• Able to work within a fast-paced environment and adaptable to changing circumstances.
• Systematic and logical approach to solving problems, with ability to incorporate creativity.
• Self-motivated, highly organised, pro-active and flexible.
• Strong work ethic with a real commitment to continuous improvement.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
Don't hesitate to apply, we are waiting for you!
Last modified on October 15, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.