We are recruiting people passionate about video games to form part of our Game Localization Testing team!
As a Localization Tester, your responsibility will be playing the latest games from major and indie developers, already localized to your native language, in search for linguistic and technical issues, as well as collaborate directly and indirectly with our Customer Support team when necessary.
Also, depending on other language skill you may have, as well as your experience in translation/localization in the entertainment business (anime, manga, games, etc.), QA/testing, there is the chance of working at our client's facilities and get firsthand experience closely working with the developers of those games you love!
- Native level of English, German, French, Italian, or European Spanish
- Japanese proficiency level: conversational (N2 recommended).
- Extensive experience playing video games
*Please mention your experience playing video games in your Cover Letter.
*Those with prior translation/QA/Testing experience are especially welcomed!
*Some projects may require you to work on-site (at client/developers' facilities).
- Prior game translation, localization experience, /QA/Testing experience
- Verbal and written fluency in Japanese (business emailing skills, equivalent to N1)
- Experience working in a Japanese environment
- Experience working in gaming/entertainment industry
Business days, *10:00 - *19:00 (8 hrs. work, 1 hr. break)
*May vary depending on the project.
** The duration of a project and consistency of work will widely vary depending on the time of the year, as well as your flexibility with schedule.
Hourly Wage, from 1,200~ JPY/h. (full-time advancement available depending on experience and performance)
- Commuting expenses provided (up to 1,000 JPY per day, offsite assignments fully covered)
** This position requires work visa valid in Japan; Tourist/Temporary Visitor, Trainee, Instructor and those that restrict you to an specific activity are not eligible.
Please consult for more information.
We look forward to your application.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.