We are as invested in your career as you are.
As you navigate through these uncertain times, know that Pinkerton has been a stable, thriving corporation for over 170 years. As recognized leaders around the globe in the corporate risk management industry, you can rest assured that joining us now means moving to a future-looking company. We are here today, will be here tomorrow, and are a thriving community of over 2,000 risk management professionals.
This is just one of the several exciting career opportunities that are currently available.
The Environment Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will inspect and evaluate the work environment, equipment, and processes to ensure compliance with government safety regulations and industry best practices. The Manager will analyze data, develop and implement health and safety programs, with internal stakeholder assistance, to ensure the achievement of global and Japan region EHS goals and objectives.
1. Represent Pinkerton's core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
2. Monitor open source platforms and analyze global events including its impact to assets.
3. Monitor for threats against user's open source tools.
4. Conduct damage assessments on natural and human-made disasters.
5. Send communication to cross-functional partners and complete safety check activations.
6. Create operational briefs for leadership, as requested.
7. Develop forecast reports on global threats, as requested.
8. Investigate potential malicious activity or miscommunication on crisis response user pages;
• Initiate appropriate actions, as necessary.
9. All other duties, as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Science or EHS with a minimum of five years of Environment, Health and Safety experience within chemical or pharmaceutical industries highly preferred.
• Knowledge of emergency preparedness and management in commercial facilities.
• Bilingual skills; English and Japanese required (spoken and written).
• Program experience in; Fall Hazard Control, Electrical Safe Work, Hazardous Energy Control (LOTO), Machine Safeguarding, Confined Spaces, Hot Work and System Impairment, and/or Fire Protection Systems.
• Work experience in a multinational organization, preferred.
• Able to build strong relationships and positively influence decision making.
• Self-starter and innovative in delivering value added EHS programs.
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Able to work in a fast-paced environment under multiple deadlines and competing priorities.
• Serve as an effective and positive team member.
• Experience in supporting EHS in commercial offices and construction or renovation of commercial facilities is an advantage.
• Have experience in managing the following programs: Fall Hazard Control, Electrical Safe Work, Hazardous Energy Control (LOTO), Machine Safeguarding, Confined Spaces, Hot Work and System Impairment, and/or Fire Protection Systems.
• Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to perform effectively all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
• Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
• Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
• Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
• Regular computer usage.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
• Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly in order to communicate with employees and/or customers.
• Manual dexterity required for occasional reaching and lifting of small objects and operating office equipment.
• Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Frequent sitting.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.
To apply for this position, please use the following URL or follow the Apply Button to our website:
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.