K. International School Tokyo (KIST) is seeking a part-time After Care Attendant to care for children remaining at school after regular classes have ended. Applications will be accepted from persons from any national background; however, conversational skills in English are required.
The main duties of the attendant include:
- Providing care for children (3-to 8-year-olds) registered for after care services.
- Ensuring the safety and well-being of children attending after care.
- Assisting in planning and implementing a variety of age-appropriate play opportunities for children.
- Assisting in setting up/packing up play spaces and equipment.
- Assisting children with aspects of daily routine (e.g. going to the bathroom, eating afternoon snacks).
- Supervising children to ensure safe use of equipment and facilities.
- Managing the general behavior of children and their interactions with peers.
Applicants should have:
- An appropriate visa (visa sponsorship not available).
- Experience working with young children and organizing play activities.
- An awareness of the needs of children.
- Kind, caring and patient nature suitable for working with children.
- A basic awareness of health and safety practices.
- A strong sense of responsibility and reliability.
- No criminal convictions.
The position commences as soon as a suitable candidate is found, and continues depending on appraised work performance and school needs.
The attendant is required to work only on days designated as regular school days and certain other days when the school may be open. Work is not available during school vacation periods and compensation is not provided during these periods.
General working hours are 2:30 - 5:30 p.m., Mondays to Fridays. Times may be adjusted depending on the situation with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- Reimbursement provided for actual commuter expenses incurred up to a maximum of 1,000 yen/day.
Applications should contain:
1) A cover letter in English outlining relevant qualifications and experience.
2) A complete work resume.
3) The names and contact details (e-mail preferred) of at least two professional references (or character references such as close friends who are not relatives of the applicant if professional references are not available).
4) A current photograph.
5) Details of current visa (category and expiry date) (for foreign nationals).
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2022 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.