The Otaku Box is looking for otakus with proven experience in leading E-commerce marketing teams for sites generating at least $250,000 USD in revenue per month. You’ll be leading and managing a marketing team of 3-15 people and report directly the CMO to generate revenue in the otaku space.
The E-commerce Marketing Manager will be responsible for building out a marketing team beneath them and taking new products lines to six or seven figures of USD in sales per month. This includes ideating, managing, and co-implementing the entire marketing stack for a given product line: branding, pre-launch, funnels, landing pages, media, copy, email & SMS automation, E-commerce funnel, analytics, optimization, and more.
The E-commerce marketing manager is entirely responsible for managing the team below them and meeting growth and revenue KPI’s set by the CMO. This is a performance based role, and you will be evaluated based on personal and team performance as well as KPI / goal achievement.
- At least 3 years of experience working in E-commerce marketing
- At least 1 year of experience leading marketing teams of at least 3 people
- At least one year of experience marketing for websites generating $250,000+ USD per month in revenue
- Proven track record of ideating, implementing, measuring, and optimizing digital marketing efforts
- Proven track record of setting and meeting revenue and growth KPI’s
- Proven and demonstrable copywriting abilities
- Knowledge and experience with the entire E-commerce marketing stack, with demonstrable mastery in at least one area
- Experience with marketing automation, including lead capture, segmentation, email, and SMS
- Extensive knowledge of core marketing concepts: heuristics, automation, PPC, CRO, analytics, attribution, funnels, core metrics like CLV, CPA, AOV, etc
- Experienced with at least one major ESP (Drip, Klaviyo, Hubspot, or similar)
- Enjoy anime and/or manga
- Be a ‘Manager of One’ (*see below!*)
- Experience leading marketing teams of at least 10 people
- 5+ years of experience in digital marketing
- 2+ of experience marketing for websites generating $1,000,000+ USD per month+ in revenue
- Experience in the anime / manga / otaku industry
This is a full time contract position in our office in central Osaka. This is NOT a remote position. Working hours are 11am-7pm. Perks include an ultra-modern open floor plan space to work in, Apple hardware to work from, and lots of free otaku loot!
**Who We Are**
The Otaku Box is one of the largest anime subscription boxes, sending customers all of the world a box of exclusive anime loot they can’t get anywhere else. Even better, customers get to vote on the loot they receive, which directly influences what goes in the box each month. Find out more at https://theotakubox.com
**IMPORTANT: everyone at The Otaku Box is a Manager of (at least) One**
So, what’s a manager of one?
A manager of one is someone who ideates and/or identifies new work, implements that work, measures that work, reports on that work, then optimizes that work - without being told, and without excuse
Note that ‘work’ can be a specific task, or it can be a system, process, collaboration, idea, project, and more!
**Managers of one do not think or say things like:**
- “No one told me to do that”
- “I wasn’t tasked with that”
- “That’s not my job”
- “Someone else was supposed to do that”
- “Someone else didn’t do something so I couldn’t do this”
**Managers of one do not do things like:**
- Allow tasks to run overdue
- Fail to respond to comments, updates, and similar
- Fail at any of 5 key precepts of being a Manager of One
- Make excuses of any kind, ever
**Managers of one do things like:**
- Task themselves with work, both identified and ideated
- Optimize their workflow and processes
- Identify and then solve their own bottlenecks and those of the larger team
- Implement new workflow and processes that not only assist their work, but the work of the entire team
- Take responsibility for the growth, improvement, and/or forward direction of work, processes, and ultimately the foundation
- Have incredible attention to detail
- Own their work, responsibility, and role
- Continually learn new skills, software, systems, and thought processes
**When managers of one have a question, they:**
- Exhaustively research the problem, learning from a variety of resources, including everyone/anyone involved
- Attempt to solve the problem themselves
- Failing that, they propose two or more potential solutions for consideration when presenting the problem
**Why we hire managers of one**
We live in a ‘gig’ economy that pushes wages as low as the lowest person on the planet is willing to accept for a given gig. Uber, Fiverr, etc are all full of people looking to do told what to do and complete specific jobs for a very low rate. If you’re the kind of person that needs to have work dictated to them, you’re competing against many millions of others in the global gig economy, and that’s not what we’re looking for, which is why this position pays better than ‘gig’ work.
So, you will need to be a manager of one and ideate and/or identify work, implement that work, measure that work, report that work, and optimize that work!
Last modified on January 10, 2023
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2023 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Gakken Group.