Swim Coach (Part Time or Full Time)
Responsible to – Director of Secondary PE
Main purpose of the post – To provide coaching for BST swimmers
1. Swimming Coach duties
• Be an exemplary swimming coach, clearly demonstrating effective planning and organisation to supply enjoyable and challenging sessions for all students.
• Monitor and report on students’ progress and development
• Attend all competitive swim meets/galas throughout the season, including some weekends.
2. Administrative Support
• To assist with the planning of swim meets and subsequent data evaluation and communication.
• To make an active contribution to the BST Outdoors and Residential Programme when required.
• To attend whole-staff and PE meetings, as well as CPD where appropriate.
• To reinforce expectations for appropriate student behaviour at all times.
• To support the PE department with various administrative tasks and lesson support when required.
Other reasonable requests made by the Director of Sport
• At least 2 years of swim coaching experience (a qualified teacher or coach would be considered an advantage).
• Have a recognised life-guard qualification or be willing to be trained in this area.
• A strong and committed team player that is able to adapt and work in an exceptionally busy and strong department.
• A strong understanding of the health and safety requirements when operating within aquatics in an International School environment.
• A strong commitment to high standards and a thriving extra-curricular program which will include early morning practice and weekend competitions and galas.
• A person with the ability to work under pressure and use their own initiative.
• Determination and ability to supply the best educational experience in the world.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.