About our Company
With over 17 million pumps produced annually and over 19,000 employees in more than 55 countries, Grundfos is today one of the world’s leading manufacturer of pumps and pumping systems. Our products satisfy the markets’ needs for effective, reliable, and highly efficient solutions. We contribute to global sustainability by pioneering water technologies that improve quality of life for people and care for the planet.
Purpose of the Job
The Environmental Health and Safety Professional will apply a well-developed knowledge base and technical/business understanding across a functional area.
The ideal candidate will help us implement and maintain a safe working environment for our employees and this person will be driving and facilitating our environmental initiatives to reduce water, energy, and waste. This role will be based in Hamamatsu, Japan.
- Global values-driven organization
- Great team culture and positive work environment
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Access to extensive internal training with global career development opportunities
• Conduct EHS audits to identify workplace hazards, unsafe equipment, working practices, or working conditions.
• Investigate accidents, complete/verify accident reports and liaise with specialists and environment, health, and safety authorities to identify causes of accidents and prevent their recurrence.
• Recommend changes to work processes and conditions to ensure safe and healthy work environments and that the organization complies with all regulations and laws as well as internal safety and environment policies and standards.
• Maintain and analyze records of workplace injuries, illness, and absences to identify areas of concern.
• Educate and train the organization’s workforce on the environment, health and safety policies, and standards.
• Select, train, and evaluate workplace safety/environment officers to ensure that they understand and can perform the responsibilities of their role.
• Ensure that first aid supplies and resources are available following regulations and the organization’s health and safety policies.
• Make sure Grundfos Japan comply with local legislation related to EHS
• Initiate and drive projects and activities to reduce energy and water consumption
Skills and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree/Technical courses related to Health and Safety or equivalent is an advantage
• Must have a good understanding of the industry, market, and business environment
• Experience in driving well-defined processes within Environment, Health, and Safety
• Ability to participate in work with processes or projects
• Ability to participate in a well-defined business process within Environment, Health, and Safety
• Must have at least 2－3 years of relevant work experience before entering level besides formal education
• Ability to influence others and follow processes
• With the ability to communicate in English on an average to business level
• Some experience in supporting key business initiatives
• Knowledge of best practices and relevant practices, systems in Environment, Health, and Safety
If this sounds like you, please click the 'Apply' button to progress with your application.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Please note that we will only prioritize local citizens/permanent residency visa holders of the country.
If you want to dig deeper into the Grundfos universe, please visit our Grundfos YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/grundfos or on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrundfosEngineering
Grundfos is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
APP URL: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=53524&company=grundfosP1
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2021 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.