Pinto International, Inc. operates deli/bakery/sushi outlets in commissaries located on 17 military bases in Japan, South Korea and Guam.
Our deli/bakery/sushi team takes great pride in serving our U.S. Military members and their families and is engaged in a wide range of activities focused around creating happy customers and a superior shopping experience.
The Department Manager is responsible for all daily operations of the bakery and delicatessen departments in the store. He/She is responsible for sales, gross profit, supervising employees, training, merchandising, payroll, ordering, sanitation and scheduling.
Essential Job Functions:
• Direct oversight and management of 15-20 staff members
• Interact and collaborate with USG Defense Commissary Officer
• Lead team in proper procedures, customer service and food sanitation guidelines
• Develop schedules, Manage Inventory & Labor, Order Product, Conduct Employee
• Implement programs and promotions as directed by category managers
• Achieve labor and profit goals through proper execution of department operations
• Manage product waste and shrink
. Conduct performance Evaluations and other general leadership functions
Minimum Position Qualifications:
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• Ability to handle stressful situations and make decisions
• Ability to understand and follow English instructions.
• Ability to stand for long periods and conduct repetitive motion using hands, wrist and digits. Ability to reach, bend, stoop and lift up to 50 pounds and make frequent trips to frozen and refrigerated areas to pull products or verify quantities of products on hand.
• Must be able to work any shift hours, weekends, overtime and holidays as needed to accomplish the goals of the department and Company.
• Currently residing, or willingness to relocate to the Iwakuni area to be closer to the work location is necessary. At this time the company will not offer substantial relocation support.
Desired Previous Job Experience
• Previous experience in food business and managing people, preferred
Please apply today with a brief cover letter!
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.
GaijinPot and CareerEngine are trademarks of GPlusMedia Inc. and part of the Fujisankei Communications Group.