Business Development Manager for Japan
ABOUT THE ROLE
Territory: Japan (Based in Japan office)
Our client provides B2B cloud-based technology solutions for the institutional investment market. As an early-stage, high-growth organization included on the Inc. 500/5000 lists every year since 2007, looking for incredibly bright, innovative talent who work well in a fast-paced team environment to help shape our expansion geographically.
Our client has the ability to maintain and accelerate its high-growth trajectory as it capitalizes on untapped market potential outside the United States. To do this, the right leadership is essential. The Business Development Manager will actively and aggressively promote and sell products to the broader Japan investment community. It is critical that this individual implement the right sales processes and procedures as the company looks towards significant growth especially in the Japan marketplace over the next several years.
The ideal candidate will likely have experience with financial software or subscription-based technology, SaaS, or at an asset management or investment consulting company. Direct hunter sales experience is critical, as this person will be tasked with generating leads, building and maintaining a pipeline with the goal of meeting specific new sales targets annually.
• Native Japanese both in oral and written; Proficient in English is required
• Minimum 3-5-year hunter sales experience with proven track record of overachieving new logo sales target in Japan
• Strong consultative selling skills and hunter mindset
• Sound knowledge in Japan Institutional investment market
• Prospect for potential clients using various direct methods such as cold-calling, web and face to face meetings, and other indirect methods such as networking
• Cover full sales lifecycle from cold calling to closing deals.
• Previous success closing deals on the phone would be a bonus
• Strong sense of urgency and “can-do” attitude
• Degree holder in Business/Finance preferred
• Highly self-driven, disciplined and work independently
• Demonstrate strong teamwork across departments within the company (e.g. Marketing, Product, Client Service)
• Experience selling to c- level executives
• Familiar with utilizing sales KPIs and Customer-Relationship Management (CRM) system for pipeline management (e.g. Salesforce)
• Understand how to identify and structure “win-win” partnerships with key influencers in the firm’s marketplace.
• Proven ability to read an audience, build trust, confidence, and credibility among strategic partners and prospective clients.
• You are entrepreneurial – willing and able to “get your hands dirty.” You’re a team player who is able to work in a very collaborative environment. You’re high-energy, tenacious, intelligent, and competitive. You have a strong work ethic as well as uncompromised integrity
• Ability to travel - up to 40% of time
Our client is about giving institutional investors as much big data as they need to make smart investment decisions. BlackRock, UBS, Towers-Watson, Putnam and AON Hewitt are just a few of the clients who trust their cloud-based technology platforms. Our client is a Top Workplace, winning the Investors in People Silver accreditation (less than 3% receive this!) in 2016 and ranking #1 in the 2015 US Journal & Constitution “Top Workplaces” list. Our client's environment is fun, smart, and collaborative. Casual dress, catered weekly lunches, and regular team building activities are part of what makes our environment awesome. We provide exceptional opportunities for development with a dedicated training budget, tuition reimbursement, and time off for training and certification preparation. We’ve also ranked consistently on the Inc. 5000 fastest growing firms list every year since 2007, and we have over 350 amazing team members around the globe.
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.