Working for an established and fast growing international DMC, you will be responsible for managing meetings and events, and organizing incentive tours for international companies in Japan.
This is an exciting and challenging position that covers a wide range of ground - from organizing Gala dinners in Museums to Corporate Meetings for Fortune 500 companies. Your time will be divided between working in our exciting office in central Ginza, and on site with clients at hotels, venues and restaurants.
The required candidate will need to be truly international in dealing with both Japanese local suppliers, as well as clients from all over the globe.
• Manage on-site services and resources for confirmed business
• Ensure that all services exceed the client’s expectations.
• Handle inspection trips for the confirmed business, to ensure that the clients receive essential information on how to operate their upcoming events in Japan
• Liaise between clients and suppliers and ensure that service delivered by the suppliers exceed the clients’ expectations
• Retain supplier relationships by establishing and maintaining effective communication with both existing and potential suppliers
• Research and identify new products, and update existing products and services.
• Manage and maintain good relationship with suppliers as well as with business partners and clients.
• Participate in the business development program, such as handling Familiarization Trips, Educational Programmes for potential MICE clients.
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in tourism, event or hotel industry
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
• Excellent command of English and Japanese both written and spoken
• Knowledge of Japan tourism products, venues and hotels
• Impeccable organizational skills with strong eye for detail
• Excellent problem solving skill
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, know how to prioritize jobs and tasks
• Understanding of Western culture and needs, as well as Japanese business practice
• Tactful with ability to find a win-win solution
• Experience of living or studying abroad an advantage
© 2019 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.