Destination Asia is growing and is looking for exceptional candidates to work in their Client Services Department.
The Client Services Department’s sole purpose is to ensure that our clients have the very best time in Japan, and leave completely satisfied. This is an extremely varied and exciting role; whether it is meeting VIP clients at the airport, being onsite at group dinners or booking tours and hotels for clients, no day will ever be the same!
Whilst the job is predominately office based, there will be also time spent out of the office in Tokyo and surrounds. The position will also entail working irregular hours depending on what is required day to day.
• Execution of client booking with suppliers such as guides, transportation companies, ticketing agencies, hotels, restaurants, activities
• Meeting clients on arrival in Japan for a welcome meeting to discuss itinerary and answer any questions
• Upsell Destination Asia product to clients
• Provide on ground support when clients are in country
• Assist with emergency phone service provide by DA to our clients
• Be onsite with clients on the ground for airport meet and greets, transport assistance, meal arrangements etc
• Ongoing management of bookings if and when changes occur.
• Have in-depth knowledge of Destination Asia product across all departments
• Ensure client retention
• Keep up with trends in the tourism industry
• Participate in product and hotel inspections
• Represent the company to continue the strong brand awareness and maintain DA’s presence as a leading DMC in Japan
• Create and maintain excellent communication with other departments to keep them in the loop in regard to their clients
• Work with suppliers to ensure all operational arrangements are made and executed in accordance with the standards of Destination Asia and our partners.
• To maintain effective long-term working relationships with clients, identifying their needs and ensuring we capture their repeat business.
• Strong Customer Focus and Customer Service
• High level Communication ability – people skills and teamwork
• Excellent English and Japanese language skills – written and spoken
• Ability to problem solve and think on the spot
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
• Ability to work under pressure and with short deadlines
• Use of initiative
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• 1+ years’ experience in customer service
• Extensive travel experience in Japan and knowledge of Tokyo
• Tourism industry experience preferred
• Able to work flexible hours when required
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.