Trade Marketing Manager - Japan
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dynamic Trade Marketing Manager to support a small, fast-paced start-up on delivering an ambitious roadmap of innovative eyewear.
Founded by Hong Kong businessman and philanthropist James Chen, Adlens is an innovative eyewear business that is bringing variable focus glasses to the world. They take direction from their customers and the eyecare industry, and have evolved to develop pioneering technology products that really hit a consumer need; to be the only pair of glasses one will ever need.
The R&D and the Headquarter staff are based in Eynsham, Oxford, with sales offices located in Tokyo and Boston, and operations in Kuala Lumpur. They are a small but ambitious start-up with excellent growth plans, with 2 million pairs already sold of their first products across the world. Committed to financial sustainability and social impact, their employees all share the same philosophy of working hard, having fun and being part of one cohesive team.
The culture is fun, dynamic and empowering, but extremely hard working, so you will thrive in this environment. Each staff member is committed to the success of the organisation and you will become a crucial part of this. For more information on the company please visit: www.adlens.com
As Marketing Manager - Japan, As well as supporting the continued growth of our existing portfolio. you will play a pivotal role in launching an exciting new brand in the Japanese market. Your primary role will be to work with our existing trade customers to ensure we have effective plans in place to drive sales and build brand awareness.
You will be responsible for the creation and implementation of all local market plans to support our sales and brand building activities across our TV shopping, catalogue and retail customers. There is also an opportunity to help build our DTC capability.
Experience of PR & Events, as well as Digital marketing elements such as PPC, Social Media, Email Marketing and managing web content would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of successful trade marketing, driving sales and building brand awareness through both traditional and digital campaigning.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Working with the Sales team build and implement the trade marketing and communications plans across TV shopping, catalogue and retail customers as well as supporting the development of the DTC channel in Japan.
2. Work with the Sales team to develop marketing and implementation plans for trade customers including the development of marketing collateral to support these customers.
3. Working with key retail customers providing them with Category Insight making recommendations for instore Merchandising, Planning and Point of Sale to optimize sales.
4. Develop and activate marketing programs to drive brand awareness and growth in Japan using PR and Events.
5. Experience of digital campaigning to help drive the consumer purchase funnel using PPC, Social Media and Email Marketing would be an advantage.
6. The ability to monitor and report upon key activies and KPI’s to define success.
7. An understanding of key market and retailer trends to inform your decisions.
- Work with the Global marketing team to develop the company’s future marketing strategy.
- Ongoing communication with the broader team to ensure you have a board overview of projects.
The Ideal Candidate
• A trade marketing professional with at least 5 Years marketing experience and a successful track record of driving sales and brand building.
• Experience of working directly with Retailers and the Trade from a Category Management perspective, making merchandising, POS and communication recommendations.
• Proven marketing experience having developed and deployed trade marketing plans and campaigns
• Experience of working with Sales teams to develop their market approach.
- Passionate about marketing, the ideal candidate will have a proactive approach to their work who likes to get thing delivered.
- Results driven Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, changeable environment, who can quickly establish themselves in the business.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to create strong relationships at all levels and disciplines to build consensus.
- Willingness to challenge and assert to achieve objectives. Someone that thinks outside the box - bringing new ideas to the table.
- Takes ownership and personally commits to driving actions forward to ensure results.
© 2017 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.