Sonoda & Kobayashi Intellectual Property, a prestigious & long-running Japanese intellectual property law firm is looking for an Engineer, Patent agent, or a Patent Attorney, or other such skilled and bright individual, willing to contribute to the expansion of this dynamic Japanese IP law firm. If creative ideas, unique solutions, and a community of intellect is of interest to you, please consider applying.
Place: Shinjuku, Tokyo
Contract Type: We are hoping for the very long term, however becoming a full member of the company will require one full year of employment.
Visa: We will provide support for a working visa application
Primary duties include:
• Participate in patent prosecution and adversarial proceedings to judge patents
• Act as a liaison between Japanese patent attorneys and foreign clients
• Study Japanese Patent, Trademark, Design, Utility models and copyright laws
• Utilize various IP databases - Conduct patents searches and draft reports
• Serve as a technical liaison with international clients in addition to clientele development and maintenance
• Go on business trips outside Japan to meet with clients and discuss their cases
The ideal candidate will have/be :
• A strong technical background, perhaps a master's degree or PhD (any technical field will be considered), please make your case for similar expertise in your cover letter
• Minimum 2 years of working experience
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to cooperate with a multinational team
• International mind-set
• Native English speaker or equivalent
• Efficient, reliable and organized task manager
• Experience and ease in Japanese working environment
• Skill in Japanese language (highly recommended)
• Knowledge or experience in IP
This position is highly-rewarding, diverse in scope, and promises career development.
If you have an interest, please send us your application and introduce yourself for this position with a brief cover letter. Thank you for your time.
© 2017 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.