Working for an established and fast growing international DMC, you will be responsible for managing meetings and events and organizing incentive tours for international companies coming to Japan. Ensure that all arrangements are done and carried out as per the itineraries, and ensure smooth running of the operation on site.
This is an exciting and challenging position that covers a wide range of ground - from organizing Gala dinners in Museums to Corporate Meetings for Fortune 500 companies.
• Manage on-site services and resources for confirmed business
• Ensure that all services exceed the client’s expectations.
• Handle all accounting matters including costings, account reconciliation, Profit and Loss margin and follow the accounting procedure for events handled by Project Manager MICE, both with clients and suppliers
• Handle inspection trips for the confirmed business, to ensure that the clients receive essential information on how to operate their upcoming events in Japan
• Liaise between clients and suppliers and ensure that service delivered by the suppliers exceed the clients’ expectations
• Retain supplier relationships by establishing and maintaining effective communication with both existing and potential suppliers
• Research and identify new products, and update existing products and services.
• Manage and maintain good relationship with suppliers as well as with business partners and clients.
• Participate in the business development program, such as handling Familiarization Trips, Educational Programmes for potential MICE clients.
• To ensure that DA Japan is the first name in suppliers’ brand recognition process.
• Minimum 3 years of work experience in tourism, event or hotel industry
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office
• Excellent command of English and Japanese both written and spoken
• Knowledge of Japan tourism products, venues and hotels
• Impeccable organizational skills with strong eye for detail
• Excellent problem solving skill
• Good negotiation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines, know how to prioritize jobs and tasks
• Understanding of Western culture and needs, as well as Japanese business practice
• Tactful with ability to find a win-win solution
• Experience of living or studying abroad an advantage
© 2018 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.