Do you have passion for anime and manga, an exceptional grasp of the English language and a sharp attention to detail? MANGA.TOKYO and its sister site Otsukai are looking for a proofreader and copy editor to get our text ready for publishing and spread Japanese pop culture across the world.
Established in December 2015, MANGA.TOKYO (https://manga.tokyo/) is an English-language news website which publishes news, reviews, interviews and more on topics focusing on anime and manga.
MANGA.TOKYO also launched its proxy-buying service Otsukai (https://otsukai.manga.tokyo/) in March 2018, which helps users outside of Japan connect to Japanese users who can get hold of Japan-exclusive items.
We are looking for a native English-speaking proofreader and copy-editor to proofread and edit our articles on MANGA.TOKYO as well as relevant sections on our sister site Otsukai. The candidate must have an impeccable understand of the English language and the ability to fix typography errors and unnatural language.
The articles you will be proofreading will have passed through our freelance or in-house translators before being passed onto our in-house translation-checker and copy-editor. You will provide us with the final step before articles can be published.
As the role will require the candidate to edit entirely in English, the candidate's attention to detail and excellent command of written English are of the highest priority. Fluency in Japanese is not required, but at least conversational-level Japanese would be very beneficial as you will be working in a Japanese office environment.
- Proofreading English-language articles
- Copy-editing English-language articles
Additional responsibilities depend on the candidate's strengths and interests, and may include:
- Writing copies for our social media posts
- Editing our FAQ and guide for Otsukai
- Responding to customer queries on Otsukai
- Writing articles for MANGA.TOKYO
From ¥1000/hour (negotiable)
We are looking for flexible candidates with strong English-language proofreading skills, attention to detail and an interest in anime/manga.
- Native-level English ability
- Proofreading / copy-editing experience in English
- Precise attention to detail
- PC literacy (document creation, email, Internet etc)
- An interest in Japanese pop culture (especially anime/manga/games).
- A proactive attitude and ability to take initiative
*Higher Priority is given if the candidate displays:
- Conversational level Japanese (preferably N3 or above)
- Some copy-writing experience or an interest in copy-writing
- Customer service experience (email or phone only is OK)
- Writing experience (be it professional or as a hobby)
- Social media management experience
【Location and Access】
Bakuromachi, Chuo-ku, Osaka-shi
5 min walk from Sakaisuji-Honmachi Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji Line and Chuo Line
5 min walk from Nagahoribashi Station on the Osaka Metro Sakaisuji Line and Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Line
Hours start from 5 hours per day, 3 days per work or more
Full time hours are 8 hours per day, 5 days a week
- Weekdays only
- One hour lunch break
Our office is closed on the following days:
- Saturdays, Sundays and National Holidays
- Summer Break
- Winter Break
- Golden Week
Transportation costs are covered, with a monthly limit of ¥50,000
【About our office】
You would be working closely with the MANGA.TOKYO / Otsukai team, which consists of both Japanese and non-Japanese team members.
Our office has no dress code and you are free to sport whatever fashion or hairstyle you want!
Interested candidates are highly encouraged to send a cover letter with their application.
The above information is a public job ad. This job ad is neither an offer nor a contract.
© 2020 GPlusMedia Inc. All Rights Reserved.