1. Definitions and Parties
This is a legal document between the administrator of CareerEngine, GPlusMedia Inc. herein referred to as ‘GPlus’, and the users of the site herein referred to as ‘users’.
GPlus is committed to protecting the privacy of the site’s users. This commitment is demonstrated in the structure of the database, programming, and the use of encrypted pages for the transfer of sensitive data.
Users are assumed to use this site at their own discretion and responsibility.
In this document users will find about:
- Personal information and collection process
- Use of information
- Disclosure of personal information
- Personal information protection measures
- Users’ ability to modify their personal information
Should you have any questions, feel free to send us an inquiry.
2. Personal Information
This site’s content is visible to everybody. However, in order to use certain features, users have to register providing the following personal information:
- Email address
In order to build resumes to apply to jobs, users have to provide the following personal information:
- Birth date
- Country and state of residence
- Closest train station
- Phone number
- Visa status
Other non-personal information is required to build a resume such as:
- Language skills
- Education level
- Career level
When posting their resumes, users can control the level of visibility by choosing to:
- keep their resume private. Employers will never be able to look at these resumes unless submitted directly by the users.
- make their resumes open to resume search. Employers will be able to look at such resumes and send invitations. However, users’ personal information and last employer information will not be disclosed.
The level of visibility of a resume can be changed at any time by the user.
3. Other Information Sources
In order to enhance the quality of the site and to facilitate the users’ navigation, GPlus collects other information from users’ traffic through the following methods:
- Log files
- Web beacons
4. Use of Information
In accordance with the selected level of visibility chosen by each user as explained in section 2, GPlus will use the information for the following purposes only:
- For statistical research
- To ask users to update their information
- To identify users using the site’s features including resume posting and job application
- To contact users by email about the site’s updates
- To contact users by email about available positions
- To enable employers to use the resume search
5. Disclosure of Personal Information
Users’ personal information is never disclosed to third parties except in the following cases:
- If ordered by governmental authorities
- If it is required by law
6. Information Protection Measures
GPlus’s internal privacy and security policies are reviewed on a regular basis. GPlus staff receive training on information protection measures.
Internally, only authorized personnel are allowed to consult personal information for specific purposes.
8. Cookies and Third Parties
We use the following third parties to handle de-identified information about users.
Google Analytics v4 — We send to Google Analytics through the default implementation the de-identified information such as number of users, session statistics, approximate geolocation, browser and device information for measuring performance and carrying out internal marketing research.
Google reCAPTCHA — We provide functions to ensure the security of our websites and applications, as well as to detect unauthorized use and take appropriate action. We may send the following information: IP address; URL of the website or screen name of the application that was viewed; date and time of browsing (used to calculate time spent on the site, etc.); type and version of web browser and device.
Google Tag Manager — In order to monitor and provide diagnostics about system stability, performance, and installation quality, we use Google Tag Manager. This may collect some aggregated data about tag firing. This data does not include user IP addresses or any measurement identifiers associated with a particular individual. Other than data in standard HTTP request logs, all of which is deleted within 14 days of being received, and diagnostics data noted above, Google Tag Manager does not collect, retain, or share any information about visitors to our customers’ properties, including page URLs visited.
Facebook Ads — We use Facebook advertising and send personal data as follows:
- Identifiers used by Facebook to identify users
- Identifiers recorded on the device, such as cookies
- IP address (used to estimate location information, line type, and the company or organization from which the user accessed the site)
- URL of the site or screen name of the app you visited
- Title of the site or app viewed
- URL of the site viewed immediately before our visit
- Date and time of the visit (used to calculate time spent on the site, etc.)
- Type and version of web browser and device
- Information on the browsing environment, such as screen size of the device
Facebook Ads allow us to serve ads to people who have previously visited a business's website, purchased the business's products, or used the business's application, etc., and to recommend products and services based on such users' behavior.
9. Modification of Personal Information
Users can modify or delete their personal information anytime.
Should you need assistance to do so, please contact GPlus through contact form.
You can delete your profile to remove your information at any time. To close your account, be sure to be logged in the account you wish to delete then click here and follow the instructions.
Last updated: June 23, 2023